Monthly contract fee: $6000/month
Contract date: Sept 20, 2021 through December 2021 (may extend to 2022)
Remote, U.S. candidates only
Gyrate Media is seeking a 25-hour a week freelance managing editor for a brand’s corporate social responsibility content focused on education and small business initiatives in underserved communities. It’s an exciting, rewarding project and we’ve won an award for some of the content we’ve developed.
The ideal candidate is an experienced editor with a nose for socially engaging stories, have strategic capabilities, have managed the production of multimedia content (especially video) familiarity or experience in education and corporate social responsibility topics, a great network of writers and editors, understand the limitations/ structure/ politics of working with a brand, and be a great manager/ story wrangler.
The job includes ideating, assigning, editing, and corralling stories from schools, teachers, parents and students. The editor manages, assigns and schedules content (which could be video, text, photos), helps to develop some of the content strategy. Work can be remote. Some travel may be required to the schools we produce stories about.
The candidate is part of a three-person team that includes an editorial director and account/project manager. Work can be done remotely.
- Recommend and determine subject matter and formats across all content produced.
- Maintain an internal editorial production schedule to produce, manage, approve content and track timelines and budget
- Develop and maintain a client-facing, employee communications content calendar for schedule of stories and deadlines.
- Editing: Create, manage and edit content.
- Talent management: Manage all talent and content providers.
- Ensure we’re staying within the budget allocation.
- Talent sourcing: Work with Gyrate Media to identify the best (and new) talent and sources for content on behalf of Verizon, including Verizon sources, Gyrate Media sources and new sources.
- Assist on story inventory, including identifying story leads and prioritizing them.
- 8+ years experience as an editor and manager
- Enthusiasm for the subject matter
- Proven and highly-effective editing and story ideation skills for a digital platform
- Previous experience owning and driving production of content, not just editing
- Experience working with agencies and servicing clients, client-facing
- Experience coordinating video development, writing briefs and providing creative feedback
- Good interviewer/ reporter
- Ability and eagerness to work in productivity and workflow products such as Trello, Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Excel, Word
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work well remotely and project manage with various writers and creatives remotely
- Excellent communication skills in this client-facing role
- Ability to plan and schedule stories and deadlines
- Flexibility to allow for shifts in client direction, stories, assignments, and changing deadlines
** Representation matters in the workplace and to our partners; to that end Gyrate Media is committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. **
To Be Considered:
The position is open until filled with a priority deadline of September 27, 2021. Candidate materials are reviewed on an on-going basis and initial interviews are in process. Please submit a resume and a brief cover letter including how your experience aligns with this contract role to email@example.com