The KIPP Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports KIPP schools across the country. The KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP public schools; provides tools, resources and training for excellent teaching and learning; promotes innovation; and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas across KIPP and other public schools and organizations.
The Senior Manager of Alumni Communications will lead and operate KIPP’s national strategy to engage 40,000+ alumni through differentiated messages and communications channels. They will be responsible for strategy setting, audience segmentation, message testing, marketing, and communications (social media/email/SMS) for our growing alumni audience.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited to lead a new strategy within a large organization. The ideal candidate will have a background in digital marketing, strategy development, and communications. They will thrive in creating new projects from scratch, building content, managing contractors, and working with colleagues across teams (KIPP Forward and HS teams) to build and execute powerful mission-driven campaigns. This person will have support from KIPPs broader Marketing and Communications team (especially on social media, graphic design, and strategy.).
The Senior Manager, Alumni Communications will report into the Senior Director of Alumni Impact, with a dotted line to the Director of Digital Marketing. The Alumni Impact Team falls within the Policy and Public Affairs Team, which is comprised of Alumni Impact, Marketing, Communications, Policy, Advocacy and Community Engagement. The broader Alumni Impact team is responsible for the design and execution of KIPP’s national alumni engagement and leadership strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a multi-year strategy for reaching and engaging 40,000+ KIPP alumni (growing to 80,000+ by 2025) through differentiated messages and communications channels.
- Design strategic recruitment plans targeting High School juniors and seniors to build brand awareness and affinity for the National KIPP Alumni Network
- Define segmentation and establish channels to reach each segment
- Execute 3-5 large-scale alumni campaigns annually, using multiple channels to promote alumni programs, surveys, and/or national events
- Operate and oversee KIPP’s current alumni communication channels, which include Instagram, LinkedIn, email and eventually SMS. Make recommendations around any additional channels for KIPP to launch.
- Partner with KIPP Marketing, Communications, and Development teams to feature authentic and diverse perspectives of KIPP alumni in internal and external communications materials.
- Passion for KIPP’s mission and values and educational equity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong marketing and analytics skills
- Strong project and process management skills
- Self-directed and results-oriented, demonstrating initiative and follow-through.
- 5 years of experience in communications, digital marketing, audience development, and/or project management
- Deep commitment to both racial and educational equity; supports the building of an organization that reflects the community KIPP serves; holds self and others on team accountable for centering equity
- Expert knowledge of how to leverage social media and reach the Gen Z/ Millennial audience
- Experience using email marketing and social media tools, including tracking and reporting out on analytics
- Demonstrated excellence in project and process management skills – ability to drive projects from inception to completion while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel requirements 20-25%
- Full-time, exempt role
Preferred location of this role is in one of KF’s offices or remote. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Compensation and Benefits
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.