Long term based in New York, New York or Los Angeles, CA
Fully remote through 2021 and Hybrid 2022
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency. We come up with the kind of campaigns that have become answers in The New York Times crossword puzzle.
We've launched brands that challenge the norm like Billie, handled major mergers for GE, created a closet calculator to see how recycled clothing impacts the environment with thredUP, catapulted Olay’s Super Bowl ad to magazine covers & produced a Kamala Harris-hosted block party as counter programming to Trump’s Juneteenth rally.
"One of the most successful boutique PR agencies" - BuzzFeed
"The team consistently produces clever PR campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets" - Forbes
Mission of the job:
A big fish in a "Small" pond, this is an opportunity to sit on the Senior Leadership team of an award-winning agency, as either a VP or SVP dependent on past experience.
The S/VP will report into the agency's Managing Director and oversee two disciplines: one that services clients at the intersection of innovative retail and sustainability (Stitch Fix, thredUP, etc.) as well as Influencer Marketing efforts for these brands and others (Bose, P&G, etc.)
This individual will be a key leader, focusing on both earned media & influencer marketing strategy with the goal of guiding teams to drive top-tier results for our clients.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Hold one of the most senior positions in the firm, supporting leadership on implementing new protocols and policies
- Manage and mentor a team of 14+ staffers
- Concept and implement structural changes to optimize efficiency and improve work quality
- Act as high level strategic lead, directing client strategy, brand messaging, tentpole campaign concepts, and high stakes comms with the support of your senior team members (each of whom have been with the agency for 2-6+ years)
- As a creative thought leader, this position hosts brainstorms, reverse engineers virality, and leads the creation of share-worthy moments for our brands
- Lead your team’s finances, including managing profitability, staffing matrixes, planning and budgeting-- all with the support of a dynamic backend tool that allows you to determine, in real-time, how adding a new hire or account could impact your team's destiny
- You will be an integral part of new business, both in voicing the brands you are passionate about taking on, as well as developing the proposals and concepts that win the hearts and minds of new partners
- Note: 100% of our clients have been inbound, and we most often operate from a waitlist for new partners to join. There is no expectation of this role needing to go out and find new business, simply just fielding what comes in as a natural course of our day-to-day client referrals and inquiries.
Why we’ll love you:
- You have 12+ years of directly relevant experience
- You’ve overseen large teams - and across multiple accounts, workflows or projects
- You understand how to employ creativity to make something uniquely compelling to share, whether for a journalist or a blogger
- You celebrate the small wins and thrive off building up a team of A players
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have an employee-led committee that determines company policy together and another dedicated to planning our weekly celebrations and quarterly outings (virtual or otherwise), book clubs and employee-coached trivia & intramural activities, a penchant for karaoke, and we’ve even taken our staff on vacations overseas.
- Atypical Time: PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to preventative care.
- We invest in you: We offer medical plans that are 100% employer covered, contribute to your 401k annually (whether you decide to contribute or not), in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage, and daily commute. We budget for you to network as well as reimburse professional development as it applies to roles, from InDesign to public speaking.
Note: While this position is remote-optional through 2021, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be in NYC or LA long-term and are open to operating closer to East Coast Hours.
As a minority & women-owned business, we are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.