Apply via External Link
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Technology Communications and Change Management Specialist, you will lead internal Technology communications for BizTech. You will focus on Change Management and BizTech General Communications. We ask that you can develop change communication plans, create leadership engagement plans, draft important messages and tailor messaging for multiple audiences, and develop communications plans that promote user engagement. You will create information that aims to connect the employees to what people, process and technology changes are happening within the BizTech Organization.
You will report to the Strategy, Operations and PMO department within BizTech, which is a team of Technical Program Managers running projects that align to top our priorities for Square
- Draft and edit communication materials to support our priorities, including internal news to employees, employee presentations, All hands content creation, digital assets.
- Develop a change strategy that enables us to create transformational change management communications and adoption plans to support BizTech Technology plans across Business Systems and IT.
- Clarify change management strategy, adoption and engagement methodology.
- Outline the plan of action for change management, establishing a bond of trust and string two-way communication mechanism with BizTech Leads
- Develop activities to support change and adoption such as defining personas, developing important messages, measuring adoption efforts, and building training plans to support change efforts
- Use human centered design approaches to test and refine messages and deliverables
- Work with the internal Biztech teams and the Square's Internal Communications team
- Assess the department's portfolio of core channels and determine the mix of media needed to enhance communication delivery
- Coordinate important surveys and evaluations such as design, structure, content, delivery method, collection, recommendations, and follow-up.
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience in strategic change management communications
- Proficient in GSuite (Slides, doc, sheets etc), Canva, Confluence.
- Familiarity with Software and IT Technologies like: CRM/Salesforce, Supply chain systems, Digital Employee Experience, People tools like Workday, Workflow Automation, Cloud technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism
- Experience building internal change and communications strategies within large IT organizations in consulting organizations
- Broad thinking that can make connections across the business and taking action
- Experience in storytelling, writing, editing, and copy-editing
- Experience working with diverse teams to create holistic solutions
- Excellent project management skills ability.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.