Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
PRX is looking for an experienced director of digital content to lead campaign development and day-to-day management of PRX’s marketing content and digital platforms.
The Director of Digital Content is a key creative leadership position, building and executing multi-platform marketing campaigns that leverage creative content as the key asset. The ideal candidate is passionate about creative design and has a natural desire to build innovative and impactful marketing campaigns. We are looking for someone who has a solid understanding of how best to navigate across our platforms to attract and engage with PRX’s broad audiences including listeners, donors, partners, and media.
Definition of Success:
- Translate our strategic pillars and organizational goals into a plan for digital and social platforms with a focus on clearly establishing PRX’s role and impact within the industry.
- Develop and execute engaging, creative, unique campaigns that deliver clear messaging around our brands and shows for each of our unique audiences including partners, board, producers, and listeners.
- Ensure the digital creative team have clear roles and responsibilities across the many campaigns and can collaborate across PRX teams to develop creative strategies.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Work with the CMO to forge new pathways to build awareness and drive conversations around PRX’s brands, especially our top podcast networks that include Radiotopia, TRAX, and Religion of Sports.
- Partner with PRX’s audience growth team to strategically envision, write, edit, design and deploy content on diverse topics across multiple digital, visual/video, and print channels.
- Lead the execution of innovative, cross-channel content ideation and cultivate unique promotional partners to help raise awareness and visibility for PRX and its content partners.
- Oversee and work with the digital content and digital marketing managers to create unique, entertaining content that performs on multiple platforms including PRX social channels, and engages viewers/fans throughout the day.
- Manage and guide the growth and professional development of two managers that work on the digital team.
- Provide thought leadership on digital, social opportunities with a strong vision for how to elevate PRX brands, networks, and partners.
- Develop and produce digital content including newsletters, blogs, creative briefs, webinars and workshops, infographics, videos, audio promotions, and more.
- Meet and/or exceed established multi-platform growth goals including live streaming events, listener engagement, and content consumption metrics.
- Manage the digital creative budget including campaign allocation and spends across social media and digital channels
- Find ways to improve the delivery of creative content through coordinated and complementary efforts across the marketing department.
- Manage a calendar of new, recurring content campaigns of varying sizes and frequency, including specific initiative-based campaigns and tentpole events.
- Analyze user and consumption data to maximize opportunities for conversion
- Create clear goals and ensure accurate and comprehensive data reporting and analysis across all creative campaigns.
- Partner with the Audience Insights Analyst to provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to demonstrate success on digital platforms.
- Track new features and products across platforms to create compelling, innovative, content-oriented campaigns
Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail, with a focus on deadlines and creative objectives
- Has excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Enjoys a growth mindset and is open to, and constantly in search of, growth opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Has a commitment to training and development of a team and will enable, engage, empower and celebrate excellence.
- Can effectively manage time and resources to plan and deliver multiple ongoing projects effectively
- Self-starter mentality, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail-oriented, collaborative and flexible
Qualifications & Experience
- 8+ years of experience creating marketing campaigns for audio, broadcast, podcast, television or film.
- 2+ years of experience working in design or video production project management or other relevant experience in creative project management (please be prepared to share a portfolio of your work).
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct multiple agency relationships across multiple projects with a clear design voice and an unbending creative rigor
- Experience developing and/or managing budgets and tracking expenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong file storage management and archiving skills.
- Confident proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Experience in digital design; digital design systems, e-commerce, and performance marketing (email, paid social & other media)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and associated design and production software and hardware.
PRX offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits; group term life insurance; short- and long-term disability income replacement coverage; and the option to participate in savings accounts for uncovered medical expenses and related costs. These benefits are available on the first day of employment. PRX also offers a retirement plan (with employer contributions) that takes effect after 6 months of employment.
If you are interested in this role but are feeling unsure about applying for whatever reason, please reach out to us! We want our organization to reflect the wide diversity of America, and the population we tell stories with. Therefore, if you are unsure about applying we encourage you to talk to us by emailing email@example.com. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to welcome applicants of all backgrounds.