Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
Any North America locations (DC, NYC, Raleigh, Chicago, LA, SF, & Seattle)
APCO Insight®, the strategic research consultancy within global communication firm APCO Worldwide, is seeking a Research Manager to join its team in Washington, D.C., Raleigh or Chicago.
The Research Manager will be responsible for executing and overseeing research assignments on behalf of the organization and clients. While this position is predominantly an opinion research position, APCO Insight is increasingly involved in assignments employing secondary research techniques, digital and social media research, data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
This position is hands-on including day-to-day management of all aspects of our research projects. Core competencies include research design, developing survey and focus group protocols, overseeing external research partners, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data collected, analyzing information collected and reporting findings.
A successful candidate will have proven opinion research project management skills, including experience overseeing and managing data collection vendors, have exceptional attention to detail and strong time management and organizational skills. In our current virtual work environment, candidates must be comfortable working independently and remotely with a supervisor and colleagues located across the U.S.
- Make recommendations to support opinion research studies using qualitative, quantitative or other research methods;
- Support the design of research studies, through such activities as survey questionnaire and focus group discussion guide construction, sample design, data collection management, analysis planning, data analysis and reporting;
- Communicate effectively with internal teams to plan projects, set expectations, and create project deliverables;
- Managing domestic and/or international research projects;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines;
- Oversee and coordinate with external data collection partners;
- Participate in the creation of analysis plans;
- Coordinate data reporting needs including the creation of crosstabulation banners, custom PowerPoint slides, narrative memos and online dashboards;
- Oversee development of dashboard visualizations;
- Conduct and/or guide ad-hoc analysis to leverage the dataset to answer specific questions;
- Cultivate a comprehensive knowledge of internal capabilities and processes;
- Lead efforts to improve processes including data integration, processing, and visualization;
- Ensure best-in-class quality deliverables for client;
- Support account managers; and,
- Mentor research analysts.
- 4-6 years of relevant research experience;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field;
- Master's degree and/or graduate work in a relevant field (survey research, mathematics, statistics, sociology, psychology, political science) is preferred, but not required;
- Uncompromising attention to detail;
- Ability to draw insights from data and communicate them – either in narrative or visuals - in a compelling way to a reader;
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative team inclination; and,
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, take initiative and set priorities
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have some experience working on public affairs issues management, crisis management, political campaigns, corporate reputation, brand strategy or communication research, but this is not required.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.