Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
What we’re looking for:
Charity Navigator seeks a talented individual to join the Marketing and Communications team. As a Senior Digital Marketing Manager, you will help grow and optimize Charity Navigator’s digital presence. This role is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of digital marketing campaigns. Within the organization, you will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications, and have close interaction with the Chief Relationship Officer and members of the technology team. Beyond the organization, you will have frequent interactions with external agencies involved in branding, production, and paid media.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute digital campaigns with the goal of maximizing traffic while driving account sign up and donation activity
- Create and publish web content through a content management system (CMS)
- Manage Charity Navigator’s email program, including segmented, scheduled blasts and targeted, triggered emails
- Collaborate with external agencies to optimize SEM/PPC and display advertising campaigns
- Launch and measure on-site tests, optimizing performance throughout the campaign lifecycle
- Monitor web analytics and recommend strategic changes to enhance user experience and drive user engagement
- Monitor search rankings and strengthen search engine optimization (SEO) via on-site enhancements and external link-building
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing position, preferably in a nonprofit
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing web content within a content management system (e.g., Drupal, Wordpress)
- 3+ years of experience with a CRM database and segmentation (e.g., Salesforce)
- 3+ years experience with web/social media analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- 3+ years experience with email marketing platforms (e.g., MailChimp)
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate graphic design and video production skills
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising cycles and activities would be a plus
- Prior experience working with or within external agencies would be an asset
Charity Navigator is the world’s largest and most-utilized independent charity evaluator. The organization guides informed giving by evaluating the financial health, accountability, transparency and impact of charities and by providing data about 1.7 million nonprofits, accessed more than 10 million times annually. Charity Navigator does not charge the organizations it evaluates, ensuring unbiased evaluations, nor does it charge the public for this trusted data. As a result, Charity Navigator, a 501(c)(3) public charity itself, depends on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations that believe it provides a much-needed service to America's charitable givers.
Base Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000
This is an exempt position. Salary is paid on a bi-weekly basis in accordance with Charity Navigator’s standard payroll practices for employees.
We have remained remote during COVID-19 pandemic. This position is currently remote, however, there may be occasional in-person team meetings.
Charity Navigator provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, disability, genetics or anyother characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.