APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
The world is changing rapidly, and businesses of all sizes are betting on Microsoft as their trusted partner to help them adapt to new ways of work, accelerate innovation, and create new opportunities for them to grow and transform. Our Cloud Communications team works closely with some of the most high-profile brands in the world to bring their transformation stories to life and showcase the power and possibility of what technology can enable for their own customers, employees, and partners.
We’re looking for a communications professional to join our team and drive stories with our top customers that help people fall in love with Microsoft, the things we make, and the impact we have in the world. This is an exciting opportunity on a growing part of the business. If you have a passion for telling stories about business strategy and technology, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and know what it takes to breakthrough with influencers in today’s media landscape, we want to talk to you!
As part of this team, you will work closely with our top customers and internal teams to develop compelling announcements about our partnerships and customer momentum. You will drive the communications strategies, programs, and tactics to generate media coverage that showcases why organizations across industries are choosing Microsoft as their trusted partner to accelerate innovation and reimagine what’s possible. Your work will target a range of audiences, including Microsoft shareholders, industry experts, business and IT decision makers, IT pros and a variety of tech specialists. Creativity, resourcefulness, agility, confidence, diplomacy, and negotiation skills are key ingredients for success. We are looking for someone who loves both the art and science of communications, and who wants to make an impact in an area where Microsoft is shining a spotlight, together with our customers.
- Build and implement winning PR plans, strategies, and programs.
- Create compelling stories together with our top commercial customers that breakthrough with business, tech and industry media leveraging owned and earned channels.
- Work closely with sales, engineering, marketing, communications and legal across the company as a trusted partner and advisor.
- Build relationships with our most strategic customers and drive long term communications plans to tell thoughtful and unique stories together.
- Manage and develop spokespeople, including senior executives. Coordinate customer and partner stories for key moments and executive engagements.
- Lead and guide external agency teams, including for media research, media relations, and results measurement.
- Be an integral part of the Cloud Communications team, collaborating across shared goals, projects, and activities.
- 6+ years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Analyst Relations, Segment Marketing, Audience Marketing, or Product Marketing.
- The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, energetic, and self-motivated with the following skills: Excellent collaboration and communication skills, nimble, flexible and able to unlock new opportunities to changing environments.
- The candidate will be autonomous, results-driven, and have a demonstrated ability to influence cross-team agendas (including at an executive level) and drive non-reporting teams to perform.
- Most importantly, you need to be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives and influence teams both inside and outside the company to execute on them.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.