CBS Media Ventures is the preeminent company in television syndication. CMV produces or distributes popular, critically acclaimed hits including “Dr. Phil,” “Judge Judy,” “Entertainment Tonight,” “Wheel of Fortune,” “Jeopardy!,” “Inside Edition,” “Rachael Ray” and “The Drew Barrymore Show.” The division also handles national barter advertising sales for Debmar-Mercury's and Fox's first-run syndicated programming, and operates Dabl, a multiplatform, advertiser-supported lifestyle network (www.dabl.com). CMV is part of CBS Entertainment Group and a division of ViacomCBS.
The Publicity Coordinator is the glue that ties our department’s show publicists together and plays a vital role in editorial communications generated by our department. Strong writing skills and the ability to jump in and help wherever needed is key.
- Compiles and distributes weekly clip reports from all our shows
- Responsible for all editorial materials and assets generated by the division, including maintaining CMV’s portion of the corporate press site and making sure all editorial information, press releases and photos are up to date; connecting with publicists on all 10 shows to post their materials and ensure accuracy; working with marketing and corporate to make sure CMV’s information is up to date on external ViacomCBS web sites; proofreading press releases and written materials for our department
- Plans and writes monthly division newsletter, as well as CMV Newsflashes
- Be the liaison to corporate to make sure our division is represented in internal ViacomCBS communications
- Research publications and journalists to pitch features/news to as well as build press lists for our department and the individual shows to use
- Coordinates all Emmy-related activities from tickets to seating to writing congratulatory letters to planning celebratory event. Assists and plans events such as TCA, press events, etc.
- Assist on PR projects as needed, such as helping show publicists with special projects
- Administrative duties such as handling expenses and booking travel
- Excellent writing skills is a requirement
- You have a strong interest in public relations, preferably a degree in communications, public relations or journalism
- One to two years of related experience (PR assistant or agency experience preferred)
- Outstanding organizational skills; strong communication skills; and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.