Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. We’re always on the hunt for curious, passionate, and innovative thinkers to join our team, to help us do what we do better. If that’s you, please read on.
Smile Train is an international nonprofit headquartered in New York. Our mission is to transform the life of every person impacted by cleft lip and palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join the Communications team. This is a great opportunity for a designer to offer new ideas and assets help to define and elevate Smile Train’s brand. The Graphic Designer will prepare visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts to be used across multiple channels: digital, social, direct mail, print, mobile, events, and branded collateral materials.
The Graphic Designer will report to the Senior Graphic Designer and will work closely with colleagues across the organization and around the globe. This is a full-time role based in New York City, starting as soon as possible. Note: Hybrid-working will be expected starting in January (50% of the time) and the COVID-19 vaccine is required for all US-based staff.
- Develop assets and graphics for use in web, email, paid media, social, and printed materials, ensuring that all designs adhere to the established brand guidelines.
- Plan and illustrate concept by designing layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type and style. Prepare finished copy and art for distribution by channel.
- Design and develop templates for international use.
- Develop concepts and designs for premium materials (ie; t-shirts, hats, mugs, etc.)
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies and vendors, printers and partners.
- Manage in-coming design requests (via Asana), keep relevant stakeholders up to date and informed.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Perform research on design trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience; agency and/or non-profit experience preferred.
- Adobe CC suite knowledge: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere
- Experience working an organizational asset library.
- Proficient with Macs.
- Working knowledge of animation software.
- Detail oriented, deadline conscious, able to adapt to tight timelines and change in direction is a must.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
Smile Train is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV, a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.