We are a woman-owned, management consulting firm that focuses on the people side of business. We partner with the world’s most innovative Fortune 500 companies as well as groundbreaking non-profit organizations to help them build organizations where both the business and the people thrive.
As a collaborative member of our consulting team, you will apply the tools of our trade − strategic and operational change, organizational effectiveness, organizational culture, communications effectiveness, leadership and management development, talent practices, etc. − to actively support our clients and their work in a variety of ways, all while navigating environments with multiple stakeholders and nuanced organizational dynamics. You will partner with clients and colleagues to design and deploy organizational effectiveness and change strategies with a communication and employee engagement lens. You must be a self-starter with demonstrated capabilities in these practice areas, deep experience in internal communications, and a strong orientation to client relationship management.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues based on mutual respect and trust; work responsively and collaboratively in ways that both build and support the team, manage priorities, and deliver excellent work.
- Partner with colleagues to provide client support and deliverables in each of our six service areas - culture, change management, organizational effectiveness, communications, talent, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ask good questions. Think diagnostically, quickly analyze scenarios, and "connect the dots" to determine where value can be added.
- Develop, execute, and measure client communication and engagement strategies and programs that drive, support, and catalyze alignment and engagement.
- Develop compelling content. Write and synthesize content in a variety of styles/formats that connects and inspires diverse audiences.
- Translate knowledge of communications trends into actionable, sustainable, customized business solutions for clients.
- Plan and manage complex and challenging projects. Successfully create and manage project plans and drive plan execution.
- Support clients to define, articulate, and execute their organizational growth and change initiatives (e.g., M&A, restructuring, culture change, culture activation, etc.)
- React and respond to a variety of client needs and roles with a focus on change and communications. Typical examples include:
- Holistic communications strategy, program and/or plan development and execution
- Internal executive communications (e.g., all hands content development, organizational announcements, etc.)
- Executive keynote and/or presentation development
- Content development including programmatic communications and collateral (e.g., presentations, newsletters, articles, video briefs) to support culture, change, talent programs, and other initiatives
- Articulation of employee value proposition and values that reflect the culture and language of the organization.
What you bring to the role
- Creative problem solver, excellent at galvanizing teams to achieve business outcomes.
- Approaches work with a collaborative, consultative, and coaching approach – even when the task is more execution-oriented.
- Imaginative and innovative communicator, always considering new ways to showcase content and knows how to draw out (and find) inspiration.
- A self-starter with internal or external consulting and delivery experience, and a strong orientation to client relationship management.
- Self-directed, self-motivated learner who is able to navigate new situations, organizations, and teams, rapidly leveraging relevant data, information, and research.
- A growth mindset – eager to listen, learn, incorporate new ideas, and adapt to changing environments and client needs.
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude – always ready to jump in and add immediate value.
- A bias towards excellence, delivering high-quality work, and a fierce commitment to our clients’ success.
- Equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively – can work effectively in person and virtually.
- Committed to Blue Beyond's mission and values.
- Seven+ years’ experience demonstrating a broad range of communications skill sets, including stakeholder engagement, executive communications, internal and employee communications, change management, manager enablement, strategy development, program development, employee engagement, communications campaign strategy and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/life experience required.
- In-depth experience in a business unit or function requiring extensive consulting, relationship development capability, and communications support (e.g., Human Resources, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Employee Communications, Change Management, IT, Sales, Operations, business units, etc.).
- Experience aligning communications objectives and strategies to business needs and customer outcomes.
- Experience with project planning and management with the ability to successfully operationalize and execute on a plan, as well as anticipate potential problems and produce contingency plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in a variety of formats (e.g., web, briefing memos, blogs, video scripts, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), and in ways that are engaging and help individual executives 'show up' effectively in various venues.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop, design and create effective PowerPoint presentations for organizational and leadership communications.
- Adept at using a wide variety of communication channels, tools, and technology.
- Able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Able to travel.
- Able to flex working hours across time zones to support team and client needs.
- Able to produce and share examples of communications deliverables and work samples.
Blue Beyond is a purpose-focused and growing management consulting firm with more than 75 team members and clients across North America. Blue Beyond has been certified as a Great Place to Work® annually since 2015 and was named one of the US’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2020, 2019, and 2017. Blue Beyond was also named one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019.
At Blue Beyond, we love building effective organizations where both the business and the people thrive. We do it for our clients and for our team members.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering an inclusive culture where learning for a living– and from each other – is a way of life. We actively nurture this culture and are committed to growing and sustaining a team that represents a true diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences, together with a workplace where everyone feels welcomed and valued.
If our approach resonates with you, you belong here. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about Blue Beyond