CBS Media Ventures is seeking a Full-Time Publicity Assistant to support the PR team for our New York-based syndicated talk and magazine shows.
Location: New York City
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of written materials, including press releases, program listings, interview confirmations, tune in alerts, etc.
- Compile and circulate press clips to the internal team, as well as maintain press archives.
- Coordinate promotional video clips for press requests, publicity appearances, and pitches.
- Assemble research, talking points and information for publicity interviews and appearances.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- 1-2 years of work experience or strong internships in publicity, news or entertainment.
- Strong writing and organizational skills are a must.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have a passion and firm understanding of the media, with the ability to research and develop new publicity opportunities.
- An understanding of and curiosity about entertainment news, pop culture, lifestyle programming, and how the news cycle moves is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, and PowerPoint.
About CBS Media Ventures
CBS Media Ventures is the preeminent company in television syndication. CMV produces or distributes popular, critically acclaimed hits including “Dr. Phil,” “Judge Judy,” “Entertainment Tonight,” “Wheel of Fortune,” “Jeopardy!,” “Inside Edition,” “Rachael Ray” and “The Drew Barrymore Show.” The division also handles national barter advertising sales for Debmar-Mercury's and Fox's first-run syndicated programming, and operates Dabl, a multiplatform, advertiser-supported lifestyle network (www.dabl.com). CMV is part of CBS Entertainment Group and a division of ViacomCBS.