BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high-impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 250 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of changing the world and represent some of the biggest names defining the future of technology, racial justice, reproductive justice, education, urban innovation, lifestyle, real estate, progressive politics and foundations, architecture, labor and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Digital team at BerlinRosen powers the digital and social media campaigns of some of the nations most ambitious foundations, influential entertainment brands, innovative tech companies, impactful racial justice organizations and progressive political and advocacy campaigns. From the steps of the Supreme Court to Silicon Valley, to the border in Texas, to the boardrooms in New York, our team builds momentum, creates buzz and drives action with digital strategies, paid advertising, content creation, social media, and online organizing.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Senior Vice President, Digital to lead a team and portfolio of work with nonprofits, foundations and social impact initiatives.
Are you creative, resourceful, influential, and have a true passion for all things digital? Are you passionate about how digital channels and social platforms can be leveraged to tell compelling stories and move audiences to act? Do you have a deep understanding of the integrated world of content development and how digital information flows online and off? Do you have a personal commitment to and knowledge of advancing progressive social change through digital platforms?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
Note: This position is on Eastern Time and available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.). BerlinRosen staff are currently working from home. Our offices will reopen in a hybrid model (date TBD). Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols. On an optional basis, our DC and NY offices are currently open to staff (with proof of vaccination).
As a Senior Vice President, Digital, you will:
- Provide high-level strategic counsel and lead integrated teams in delivering digital and social media initiatives across a diverse set of clients, including advocacy organizations, tech, foundations, entertainment and social impact groups
- Coordinates staffing and capacity plans across the practice, and manages accounts for a portfolio of clients, including contracts, scope of works, budgets and forecasting
- Directly manage direct reports, lead team skill development and growth and inspire a crew of committed digital strategists to be innovative and creative
- Build and grow BerlinRosens digital practice, client portfolio and financial outlook through organic and proactive business development and relationship building.
- Serve as a senior digital and social media expert to the agency at large, including executive leadership, other practice areas, business development, HR and Talent management and external marketing initiatives
- Serve as senior client contact, responsible for building, nurturing and expanding the client relationship
- Has 8-10 years of experience managing integrated teams and large-scale digital campaigns, preferably at an agency.
- Proven ability in leading teams, controlling timelines, budgets and staffing, anticipating issues, and working towards solutions to complex problems.
- Communicates with clarity, conviction and confidence across all levels, both up and down the agency. Able to understand and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Is tactically familiar with most aspects of digital strategies, including audiences, messaging and social content development, channel strategy, community and campaign management, online advertising, email marketing, mobile strategy, digital analytics, web video, social listening, influencer marketing and web design.
- Manages digital-first initiatives with creative teams to develop content across a variety of platforms. Whether on video, web or social media, your work is innovative and impactful.
- Enjoys managing people, has experience in leading, mentoring and professionally developing a diverse team, and has a demonstrated ability to successfully motivate and manage teams to meet objectives.
- Has issue expertise and understands how race and gender equity in politics, arts, culture, tech, Hollywood and the non-profit spaces shape the economy.
- Is a strong, compelling and persuasive writer with extensive experience in all aspects of communications and agency writing including presentation decks, SOWs, online content, and business development
- Understands a clients ultimate goals and reaches them in new ways as digital tools evolve and social media paradigms and practices shift.
- Background and/or lived experience in politics, racial, social and economic justice
- Familiarity with tools such as BSD, ActionKit, ActionNetwork, EveryAction, WordPress, New/Mode, Falcon.io, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursements