BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice, civil rights, immigration, worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The National Issue Advocacy team fights to advance equity for marginalized communities by working with major national progressive organizations, foundations and academic institutions on some of the most high-profile issues of our time. From local to global campaigns, we help our clients advocate for reproductive health, rights and justice; immigrant rights; climate change action; quality education; criminal-legal system issues; racial justice and much more. Whether launching a new campaign, pitching to news media, preparing for a breaking news moment, building thought leadership or crafting compelling messaging, our team is at the ready.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Senior Vice President to help lead our growing practice, expand the business and help clients working across racial justice, politics and cultural impact and movements to meet a wide range of communications goals.
We influence policy, shape narratives and promote brands. We are storytellers, campaigners and organizers skilled at helping our clients tell their stories, get heard and make a difference for a better world.
This position provides candidates with a unique opportunity to lead and expand a practice and manage a talented and growing team working with high-profile national organizations, candidates and campaigns. This position requires 10+ years or more of relevant experience bringing in and managing clients, leading communications strategy and campaigns, and managing people. This is a business leadership position and requires managing clients to budget, managing staff time and driving business unit growth and profitability.
Note: This role is fully remote within the U.S. on Eastern Time, and will be based in Washington, D.C. or New York, New York when we return to our offices in a hybrid model (date TBD). Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols. On an optional basis, our DC and NY offices are currently open to staff (with proof of vaccination).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Senior Vice President, you will
- Build a new vertical or expand an existing vertical within the issue advocacy practice
- Lead high-level strategic conversations with major clients
- Build and oversee a team of communications professionals
- Ensure we are delivering quality work for our clients
- Help the practice leader manage the practice budgetsupporting both revenue growth and cost management/efficiency
- Help lead and oversee hiring and retention plans
- Help lead business development in the practice and support business growth of the firm overall
- Contribute to overall practice management as well as firm-wide management
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, or journalism, ideally in progressive politics, advocacy, or a related field
- Expertise in brand, campaign, communications or public affairs strategy
- Demonstrated staff management experience, leadership skills and commitment to team building and collaboration
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proven ability to originate and bring in new business
- High-level media relations skills, demonstrated relationships with key reporters, news savvy and deep knowledge of the media
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of company staff, clients, contractors and the media
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Command of digital strategy
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Google Suite and Word, Excel, Powerpoint
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement