Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top brands, companies and organizations across a variety of industries and sectors.
ABOUT THE LIFESTYLE TEAM
Our Lifestyle team works on some of the most forward-looking projects in NYC and around the country, including Daniel Bouluds Dinex, Wythe Hotel, Singapore Airlines, RVshare, Lark Hotels, the World Trade Center complex, the 92nd Street Y, Lincoln Center, Queens Museum, Boston Seaport, Brookfield Place, and Domino Park.
Our clients trust us with critical strategic communications plans leading the reopening of the city. We have delivered major wins like steering visitors back to the Meatpacking District most recently with the flower show and press trips, building anticipation for One Vanderbilts observation deck, bringing attention back to luxury and fashion, and showing off our client's innovation. All placed on leading lifestyle outlets.
A part of the Cities division, the Lifestyle team offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, innovative, passionate team where entrepreneurialism is encouraged. You will be among 30+ self-proclaimed news junkies, culture vultures, and lifestyle lovers obsessed with developing the future of major cities and brands.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Calling all media specialists and creative thinkers to join our growing Lifestyle team. In this unique role, you will create strategies and promote programs that drive media and consumers to attend events, exhibits and openings, while also raising the profile of hotels, attractions, museums, destinations, restaurants and brands. You will work with a team of expert colleagues that innovate in the travel, lifestyle and hospitality industries and lead the day to day account flow managing junior staff as well as manage clients relations.
This position is based in New York, NY.
As an ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, you will be.
- Developing and presenting communications plans to high-profile clients
- Managing client communications daily: setting expectations, escalating urgent needs to senior staff, building and maintaining strong relationships, etc.
- Leading media strategy and maintaining strong relationships to secure press and influencers for launch events, hotel openings, press visits, and trips; please note this is not a social media position
- Counseling junior staff on work plans and project management: ensuring that responsibilities are prioritized effectively to meet deadlines
- Participating in business development meetings and drafting materials as needed
- Helping more junior staff develop and grow key skills: engaging the team in brainstorming and execution
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in strategic communications for lifestyle, hospitality, arts and culture, travel and tourism; PR agency, journalism, in-house communications, etc.
- A passion for travel, culture, arts, hospitality, retail, real estate, and architecture
- An ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters and strong news sense
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role and do your job with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.