BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes. We deliver high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors including advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers and progressive political candidates. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE GAMING, DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT & LIFESTYLE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosens Technology and Innovation practice is launching a new Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team. This team will add to the current Tech and Innovation clients that represent leading companies, nonprofits and organizations defining the future of technology, finance, work, education, media, and urban innovation, including Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, General Assembly, Per Scholas, Audible, and Mozilla, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
Meet some of our teammates here. All team members take hands-on responsibilities that lead to client success through strategic communications. Submit an application if you are interested in this opening. In the application, you will share information about what you are interested in, including types of clients and level of experience.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Director to join our EVP of the newly launched Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team. The Account Director will develop client strategy, manage staff to drive an overall work plan, lead day-to-day client relations, conceptualize pitches and media placements, and play an active role in business development. As a founding member of the team, this is an opportunity for an experienced PR professional interested in playing a big role in building a team along with an EVP. You will contribute to business development and to creating a positive culture internally that motivates, supports and inspires junior staff. Ideal candidates have experience working with gaming and consumer tech clients at a PR firm and have demonstrated experience setting up staff for success. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about tech and gaming.
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.). BerlinRosen staff are currently working from home.
As an Account Director on the Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team, you will:
- Set the direction on large-scale strategic planning and execution efforts with multiple client leads across dozens of product launches, product reviews, trade shows, press conferences, feature stories, executive bylines, measurement/reporting needs and more (Primarily working collaboratively in PPT and Excel)
- Lead smart, proactive, and thoughtful high-touch daily client communications with the same client leads, juggling competing priorities (through regular calls and in-person meetings/presentations)
- Partner closely with agency leads to develop robust strategy plans, reports, updates, and other presentation materials for the broader client team
- Directly manage a team of 2-4 junior staff (in addition to interns), keeping a very close eye on quality control and ensuring client deliverables are smart, thoughtful, on-time and error-free
- Work closely with our leadership on overall account management and capacity planning, ensuring client objectives are regularly met, our work is completed effectively and the team is run efficiently
- Help our practice win new business and proactively expand our relationships in the technology sector
- Stay up-to-date with consumer technology and gaming media trends and leverage relationships with leading national and local outlets to maintain regular coverage
- Lead planning for product launches, strategic partnerships, and events
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate or possesses the following:
- 6+ years of experience in gaming and entertainment PR in a client-facing and leadership role, or in-house
- At least 1 year of staff management experience
- Can conceptualize, develop and produce strategic client plans, client recommendations, and media approach roadmaps that will be shared with the client, executives, and partners
- Must be well versed in producing dynamic, highly visual Powerpoint presentations
- Basic design skills to create flow charts, timelines, etc. are required, and advanced graphic skills are a plus!
- Internalizes client and staff input to deliver initial strategies on their own, further honing and developing client plans based on edits and guidance from senior members of the team to produce excellent final results
- Has a strong news savvy and knowledge of the media covering gaming or consumer electronics
- Has a strong track record handling multiple assignments at once, working quickly and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement