BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes. We deliver high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors including advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers and progressive political candidates. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE GAMING, DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT & LIFESTYLE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosens Technology and Innovation practice is launching a new Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team. This team will add to the current Tech and Innovation clients that represent leading companies, nonprofits and organizations defining the future of technology, finance, work, education, media, and urban innovation, including Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, General Assembly, Per Scholas, Audible, and Mozilla, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
Meet some of our teammates here. All team members take hands-on responsibilities that lead to client success through strategic communications. Submit an application if you are interested in this opening. In the application, you will share information about what you are interested in, including types of clients and level of experience.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our EVP of the newly launched Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with 3+ years of communications experience looking to strengthen their media relationships, own writing projects including op-eds, conference and awards submissions, messaging and creative pitch development across gaming and entertainment tech. Our Senior Account Executives lead project management on 3-5 accounts and influence client communication strategies that produce major wins.
As a founding member, you will make a direct impact on new business development, client relations, team culture and establishing key media contacts for the Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about tech and gaming.
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.). BerlinRosen staff are currently working from home.
As a Senior Account Executive on the Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team, you will:
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles and other media opportunities for clients: such as landing feature stories for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview, award, or conference
- Place numerous stories through persistence and creativity, identifying new targets and trying new approaches until the story is landed
- Contribute to creating communications strategies along with leaders
- Be an active participant on client calls: you will contribute to brainstorming, flagging concerns, and problem-solving during weekly check-ins with executive members of our client teams
- Write high-quality client deliverables without any typos or mistakes, including talking points, op-eds, and media plans
- Drive day-to-day execution with little guidance and stay on track of client deliverables
- Develop insights-driven media research and analysis that can be quickly used to inform key client strategies and presentations
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate or possesses the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in communications: in-house for tech companies or nonprofits, media or journalism covering tech; PR agency experience preferred
- Strong storytelling: must be able to provide examples of op-eds, pitches, and other materials that clearly demonstrate these skills
- Versatile writer: comfortable and well versed in writing in an informal, conversational tone and addressing people more formally when necessary
- Savviness and creativity in media relations and pitching, social media content ideation and influencer engagement: know how to identify new targets and thoughtful angles until the story is landed
- Demonstrated experience driving gaming and technology product communications for mainstream, consumer and lifestyle audiences: able to connect technical concepts, products and complex tech and gaming issues for more mainstream print, online and broadcast audiences
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and with confidence, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, and is comfortable thinking on their feet
- Organized and used to a fast-paced environment: proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to become a savvy and nimble student of the news and quickly identify new media opportunities and narratives to insert our clients voices into the news cycle
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement