Evoke KYNE is an award-winning communications agency that harnesses insight, experience and creativity to advance health and wellbeing around the world. We were founded on the belief that communication is a powerful health intervention. Our team is passionate and committed, with deep experience working across sectors to make real differences in health. We love what we do, we live what we do, and we truly believe in what we do.
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our growing team and to support projects and programs as directed by the Manager and other senior management on the team. This is an opportunity to support client and new business development efforts across a range of private sector, nonprofit, foundation and government health clients, using your communications training and experience to improve health and make a difference.
- Begins building client counsel and relationship management skills through regular / appropriate interaction during client update calls, team meetings, etc.
- Serves as day-to-day support team member on multiple client accounts
- Liaison with company partners and vendors on client projects with little oversight
- Responsible for the execution of a variety of client program activities including research, materials development, relationship management (advocacy, earned and social media contacts), leading event logistics, etc.
- Leads development of client document drafts including press releases, Q&As, fact sheets, activity reports, social media calendars, etc. and proofs all documents for thoroughness and accuracy before providing to other team members or client for review
- Can successfully manage assigned project workstreams independently/with little oversight and provides progress updates to internal team members proactively
- Contributes to tactical planning on assigned projects
- Manages comprehensive projects and/or events including logistics, timetables and deadlines
- Provides creative input in developing client strategy documents
- Supports monthly client billing, maintaining critical documents and files, beginning to take a more active role in budget development and management
- Participates in new business brainstorms
- Conducts research on new business projects
- Aids in development of new business materials (presentations, RFP responses)
- Takes the initiative in seeking training on company processes/procedures
Leadership & Teamwork
- Displays an ongoing willingness to gain knowledge and make significant contributions to the team
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness and attempts to work through issues collaboratively or independently as appropriate
- Demonstrates flexibility in working across teams and ability to adapt to project needs, different team working styles, etc.
- Works closely and collaboratively with junior team members, serving as a role model and helping to mentor and provide direction on projects as needed
- Effectively partners with specialty teams (creative, earned and social) to meet client needs, clearly communicating project objectives, direction and timing
- Actively supports company values and an inclusive culture
- Ensures accuracy of all written projects, including fact-checking and referencing documents as needed
- Encourages and responds to regular feedback from manager and team members
- Takes opportunities to lead in client interactions to further develop client communication skills
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, business or health / science related field or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years’ communications experience (preferably in healthcare dealing with public and private sector entities in global and/or domestic health)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Works collaboratively as part of a team
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Shows an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong attention to detail
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills
- Superb internal and external communications skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Strong time management skills, able to balance multiple priorities
- Solid research skills
- Passionate about improving lives through innovations in health
- Social and traditional media experience preferred
- Experience in media relations, social media, and/or analytics
Evoke KYNE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.