Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
Brunswick Group San Francisco is seeking a Director experience advising technology companies through highly complex financial and reputational matters. Directors are able to leverage their own specialized skills and backgrounds while operating in Brunswick’s generalist environment.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Client Contribution & Handling
- Deliver strategic advice to clients, drawing on specialist communications expertise and depth of professional advisory experience
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the clients’ business and strategic communications issues
- Influentially engage with key stakeholders
- Monitor level of account profitability and intervene as necessary
- Write thoughtful, well-structured content; consider audience in style and tone of communications
- Express a point of view in a thoughtful manner; able to analyze and distil complex information
- Exhibit good and exercise discretion
- Question and challenge in a constructive way; present unpopular ideas confidently
- Source new business opportunities; along with partner, apply knowledge and experience to lead well-run pitch teams and drive the pitch preparation
- Use deep knowledge of key sectors to promote new business approaches and ideas
- Assist in pitches for colleagues across regions and sectors
- Identify new opportunities to deliver other Brunswick expertise to existing clients; actively pursue and secure extensions of client relationships
- Build and maintain strong external networks in order to deliver valuable insight to clients and the Firm
- Actively and effectively manage account teams; drive day-to-day account
- Keep the partner and other team members informed of account and project status
- Foster development of team members’ skills and client handling ability by identifying new challenges and encouraging team to stretch where appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10-15+ years of relevant work experience in an advisory role for tech clients facing highly complex challenges, including financial, crisis, and reputational issues
- Experience managing teams of five or more people
- Proven ability to successfully interact with the media in proactive and reactive situations
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; client service-orientation
- Ability to operate in fast pace, client service environment
- Exceptional research, writing and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Energetic team player
- Exhibit discretion with confidential client matters
- Thorough understanding of business and finance
- An advisor with experience counseling technology clients on complex business-critical issues (e.g. crisis, M&A, financial situations, geopolitical, etc.)
- Gravitas and clear leadership skills
- Excellent communicator with high energy and a strong work ethic
- Solid team ethic – someone who will invest in the people around them and draw/build resource
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative and team-oriented – it’s a “roll your sleeves up environment”
- Adept at navigating and succeeding within high-performance environments
- High emotional intelligence and strong personal impact
- Commercial acumen and professional polish
- Terrific sense of humor
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues and critical stakeholders. Our purpose is to help our clients play their role in the world successfully.
We advise on critical issues and critical stakeholders at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 27 offices in 18 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities to provide expert advice to our clients on a range of business critical issues. We invested in new offices, sector teams and practice groups including investor engagement; shareholder activism; governance; regulatory and public affairs, including geopolitical; crisis; litigation; social issues including climate change and diversity, equity and inclusion; cybersecurity, data and privacy; employee engagement; digital communications; opinion research and analysis, and; creative services.
Our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C. Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London.
In the U.S., we have offices in Chicago, Dallas, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. In Brazil, we have an office in Sao Paulo. We advise clients on, among other things, domestic and cross border M&A, IPOs, activism, capital markets and investor relations, public and regulatory affairs, geopolitical issues, litigation, crisis, cyber, employee engagement, digital, opinion research and on broader reputation campaigns.
Colleagues in the U.S. are drawn from a variety of backgrounds and consist of in-depth industry and sector experts from banking, law, accounting, politics, government, journalism and the media, consulting and elsewhere. Our U.S. CEO is Nik Deogun.
For more information on Brunswick, including our offices and client offers, please visit our website: www.brunswickgroup.com
Brunswick’s San Francisco office speaks the language and embraces the culture that disrupts established companies and entire sectors. Our deep connections across a wide swath of influencers provide clients with access to engage in important conversations and achieve their ambitious business and communication objectives. From technology to healthcare and academia to energy, we are ideally positioned to help companies capitalize on the innovation and transformation that powers San Francisco and Silicon Valley by applying insight, creativity and perspective that is rooted in the Bay Area but connected to the rest of the world.