Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues and critical stakeholders. Our purpose is to help our clients play their role in the world successfully.
We advise on critical issues and critical stakeholders at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Brunswick Group is seeking an Associate with experience in corporate reputation, financial communication and crisis advisory to join the team in New York. Associates are able to leverage their own specialized skills and backgrounds while operating in Brunswick’s generalist environment.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Client Contribution & Handling
▪ Serve as an expert to clients on reputation, financial and crisis situations across multiple industries
▪ Provide relevant insight, guidance and advice to clients
▪ Play integral role in new business process; manage RFPs and participate in pitch preparation
▪ Manage and mentor team members; work with Partner and Director on the day-to-day management of staff and client deliverables
▪ Manage the development of key client documents by playing a vital role in drafting, editing and routing throughout the internal process and external delivery
▪ Oversee research assignments; responsible for distilling a large amount of information into the most impactful and helpful points
▪ Plan and execute client announcements and events, managing:
o Strategic communications plan development
o Preparation of strategic communications documents including talking points, Q&As, day-of rollouts, media backgrounders, etc.
o Media handling and approach
o Announcement or event logistics
▪ Organize media meetings and logistics
▪ Foster a network of journalist contacts and relationships
▪ Develop relationships with the analyst and investor community to understand issues and priorities
▪ Proactively build a network locally to identify talent referrals, new business prospects and media contacts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
▪ 7-10+ years of relevant work experience in an advisory role for corporate reputation, financial and crisis situations
▪ Deep understanding of business and finance
▪ Ability to operate effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
▪ Exceptional written and verbal communication ability
▪ Energetic team player with strong self-motivation
▪ Experience managing teams and passionate about mentoring junior staff
▪ Ability to think strategically and creatively, with strong problem-solving skills
▪ Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask in high-pressure situations
▪ Exhibit discretion with confidential client matters
▪ Knowledge of U.S. media landscape
▪ Knowledge of Factiva, Bloomberg and other research resources
▪ A rising advisor with experience counseling clients on business-critical issues (e.g. crisis, M&A, financial situations, geopolitical, etc.)
▪ Adept at navigating and succeeding within high-performance, entrepreneurial environments
▪ Excellent communicator with professional polish and strong emotional intelligence
▪ Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit
▪ Desire to mentor and willingness to train junior staff
▪ Terrific sense of humor