Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
Brunswick Group is looking for an Account Director to join the team in New York. This person will leverage their own specialized skills with financial institutions while operating in Brunswick’s generalist environment.
The Account Director is responsible for delivering media and market analysis to clients, with intelligent insight informed by data, analysis and experience. A deep understanding of clients is critical. The production of high-caliber documents is a core element of the Account Director role.
The Account Director ensures all logistics for client meetings and events are executed smoothly and manages upwards to ensure Brunswick delivers on time and above expectation. Account Directors nurture a network amongst peers inside and outside the firm, providing valuable insight for the firm and for clients.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Client Contribution & Handling
- Has a strong working relationship with the client and has earned their trust
- Producing high quality client account ‘essentials’ (bios, action reports, agendas, corporate snapshots, briefing notes, media reviews, translations where necessary)
- Develops press releases, Q&As and key message documents
- Manages upwards to ensure the team are fully informed and prepared for client work
- Contributes to brainstorms and pitch preparation (including research and drafting)
- Thinks on a strategic and tactical level about client issues and account development
- Actively feeds through market intelligence to the client
- Proactively contributes to the development of the account in terms of ideas, direction and content
Contribution to the Community
- Draws insights and opportunities from their networks
- Contributes to business development initiatives (e.g. research and analysis, meetings, action items, monitoring and distributing sector news)
- Actively seeks out new business opportunities with existing clients and with new clients
- Participates in and contributes to training sessions for interns / new joiners where appropriate
Teamwork and Collaborative Approach
- Acts as the eyes and the ears of the team, always aware of team work streams/movements/ deadlines
- Shares ideas, knowledge and recommendations with the wider team
- Goes beyond the brief
- Earns the respect of their peers/colleagues and treats people with respect; leads by example
- Where relevant, takes their ‘Buddy’ role seriously and does it well
Communication Skills – Engagement with Media and Other Audiences
- Has a deep understanding of the client’s media universe and the key contacts within it
- Has established a network of media and other stakeholder contacts within the cultural and corporate sectors
- Is well-informed on all relevant sector/ client newswires and key media; proactively monitoring and sharing coverage
- Actively seeks to establish relationships with journalists and/or other audiences Handles difficult media issues with ease
- Provides input into media strategy to identify new angles and selling in stories to a range of different media
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
At Brunswick, we look to hire smart, ambitious individuals who are dedicated to learning and growth. In addition to considering experience when reviewing talent, we look to see potential, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Standout candidates demonstrate the following:
- At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience, particularly within the financial institutions space; corporate communications or agency experience a plus
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; client service-orientation
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Energetic team player
- Exhibit discretion with confidential client matters
- Thorough understanding of business and finance; direct experience in technology a strong plus
- Knowledge of Factiva, Bloomberg and other research resources
- International work experience or knowledge a plus
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues and critical stakeholders. Our purpose is to help our clients play their role in the world successfully.
We advise on critical issues and critical stakeholders at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 27 offices in 18 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities to provide expert advice to our clients on a range of business critical issues. We invested in new offices, sector teams and practice groups including investor engagement; shareholder activism; governance; regulatory and public affairs, including geopolitical; crisis; litigation; social issues including climate change and diversity, equity and inclusion; cybersecurity, data and privacy; employee engagement; digital communications; opinion research and analysis, and; creative services.
Our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C. Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London.
In the U.S., we have offices in Chicago, Dallas, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. In Brazil, we have an office in Sao Paulo. We advise clients on, among other things, domestic and cross border M&A, IPOs, activism, capital markets and investor relations, public and regulatory affairs, geopolitical issues, litigation, crisis, cyber, employee engagement, digital, opinion research and on broader reputation campaigns.
Colleagues in the U.S. are drawn from a variety of backgrounds and consist of in-depth industry and sector experts from banking, law, accounting, politics, government, journalism and the media, consulting and elsewhere. Our U.S. CEO is Nik Deogun.
For more information on Brunswick, including our offices and client offers, please visit our website: www.brunswickgroup.com
In the city that never sleeps, where business intersects with global capital markets, international organizations convene world leaders, and home to renowned cultural institutions, we have built our reputation on advising companies during critical moments and through their toughest challenges. On any given day, we are working across industries and sectors on the most prominent corporate events and issues – the kind that transform markets and grab front-page headlines. From advising cross-border transactions to standing alongside a company facing a reputational crisis to developing and executing corporate reputation campaigns, we work with our clients to help them navigate their most complex matters.