OPENING: Social Media and Marketing Manager, Vote Run Lead
Location: New York, NY preferred, remote available*
Full-time, Available immediately
*All positions at Vote Run Lead are currently remote
Vote Run Lead is a national nonprofit looking to scale to meet heightened demand for women’s political leadership training and implement a moon-shot goal of gender parity in all 50 state legislatures (RUN/51 Project). We are looking for a driven, mission-focused, team contributor with experience working in fast-paced environments. The Social Media and Marketing Manager must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with the Vote Run Lead team to deliver measurable, impactful results.
Reporting to the Head of Communications at Vote Run Lead, the Social Media and Marketing Manager will project manage and execute the strategy for all social media and digital communications engagement. This is a hands-on role responsible for inspiring and growing the Vote Run Lead community through all social media channels. The goals of the Manager are to consistently articulate the organization’s mission, promote Vote Run Lead programming and initiatives, and increase Vote Run Lead’s reach and influence.
- Under the direction of the CEO and Head of Communications, develop and implement plans for maximizing constituent engagement on all of Vote Run Lead’s social media channels
- Responsible for planning and implementing scheduled social media posts with 30 day lead time - using a tool like Sprout Social, for example - in coordination with the Communications team
- Manage email marketing and communications, including copy-writing, testing, list management, and execution
- Engage strategically with Vote Run Lead’s social media followers and assist with community management for the Vote Run Lead Facebook Alum group
- Collect data through social listening and share feedback with the Vote Run Lead Communications team
- Track and measure the level of engagement with online media over time; create reports, including data/trend analysis and contextual narratives in order to clearly communicate key, actionable information to the organization’s leadership
- Implement and maintain SEO best practices for the organization’s websites
The ideal candidate will have a strong marketing, communications, and social media background and understanding of the nuances related to the political and women’s leadership sectors. The ability to work toward a big-picture vision while working collaboratively and effectively across all levels of the organization is critical. We are seeking candidates with experience working in fast-paced environments and proven track records of delivering measurable, impactful results. Women of color and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Specific requirements and attributes include:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a communications role
- Strong copywriting skills: editorial skills as well as ability to create original content aligned with organizational messaging and tone
- Expertise managing Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube accounts
- Knowledgeable on latest industry trends and new developments in the social media sector (for example: Google alerts, #hashtags skills, memes)
- Social media analytics: experience collecting, reporting, and interpreting
- Strong internal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to respond effectively in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Interest in gender equity / politics (expertise not required but motivation to learn is a must)
- Work products delivered in a thorough, detail-oriented, timely, and highly organized manner
- A growth-mindset is a critical requirement for working at Vote Run Lead! We value team players who are innovative, share ideas, and thrive working in a system
Additional skills and attributes that are a “plus”:
- Experience working with: Canva, Tik Tok, LinkedIn
- Experience managing multiple accounts or consultants in the private sector
- Experience working with a field team in the public sector or on a campaign
- Strong research skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills. Vote Run Lead’s stakeholders include Alumnae, Ambassadors, Trainers, Donors, Board of DIrectors and Advisory Board
Core competencies are the skills, attributes and behaviours which are considered important for all team members at Vote Run Lead, regardless of their function or level. See attachment for Vote Run Lead’s Core Competencies.
About Vote Run Lead
Vote Run Lead trains women to run for office. And win. Our mission is to unleash the political power of women as voters, candidates and leaders to create and sustain an equitable democracy. Our vision is nothing short of a country where women are the majority of office holders at every level of government, forging the democracy we deserve.
Vote Run Lead is a national, nonpartisan, civic leadership organization committed to training anti-racist, feminist leaders who support democracy reform and representative government. We use training, technology, and community to create large-scale impact on women’s representation, to fuel women’s ambition for political leadership and close the knowledge gap around civic engagement. For more information, please visit www.voterunlead.org
This is a full-time position at Vote Run Lead, with a salary commensurate with experience. Salary range is $55,000-$65,000. In addition, Vote Run Lead offers an excellent benefits plan, including health insurance through BlueCross-BlueShield, flexible scheduling, and paid travel expenses.
Brevity is appreciated. Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
Vote Run Lead is an equal opportunity employer. Vote Run Lead prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Vote Run Lead Core Competencies
Core competencies are the skills, attributes and behaviours which are considered critical for all staff to be successful at Vote Run Lead, regardless of their function or level.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
Uses digital communication tools and techniques with proficiency
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
Places team agenda before personal agenda
Builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members
Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
PLANNING & ORGANIZING
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required
Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
Uses time efficiently
Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments
Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments
Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “Community Members” and seeks to see things from members’ point of view
Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with members by gaining earning their trust and respect
Identifies members’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the members’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
Keeps members informed of progress or setbacks in projects
Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to members
Actively seeks to improve programs or services
Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs
Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas
Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks "outside the box"
Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things
Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches
Keeps abreast of political climate, dynamics, research and trends
Keeps abreast of available electoral campaign tools and technology
Keeps abreast of gender dynamics, research and trends
Understands applicability and limitations of technical awareness
Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks
Shows willingness to learn new technology
COMMITMENT TO CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession
Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally
Contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates
Shows willingness to learn from others
Seeks feedback to learn and improve