RiseUP is a purpose-driven marketing fellowship that works to increase diversity, access, and tangible social impact across the marketing and advertising industries. After our first two successful cohorts, we’re excited to announce that applications are now open for our new, extended, 9-month Marketing Fellowship program, delivering even more hands-on training, opportunity, and experience to our Fellows.
For this upcoming cohort, which will begin on January 17, 2022, we’re looking for 3 amazing individuals who are passionate about breaking into the industry, but haven't been able to get their feet in the door because of a lack of formal experience, diverse educational background, or so many other biases and barriers that often stand in the way. We’re here, with you, to break those barriers down—and to change the way that the advertising and marketing industries think about recruiting, hiring, training, and nurturing diverse talent.
All Fellows in our 2022 RiseUP cohort will be hosted by Media Cause, a mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. While Media Cause has physical offices in San Francisco, Boston, Washington D.C. and Atlanta, access and opportunity are part of RiseUP's key pillars—so we’re continuing to operate as a remote program for 2022, meaning that anyone across the country is able to apply.
No matter where you are, all RiseUP Fellows will be embedded with the Media Cause team for the full nine months of the program. Throughout your time, you’ll receive practical training and certifications from some of the marketing industry’s leading tools and platforms, 1:1 mentorship with experts in the space, and hands-on project experience that can propel your career forward—all while receiving a comfortable living stipend and remote office setup allowance—so there’s no need for a side hustle or weekend work to make ends meet, and you can dedicate your full-time effort to launching your career.
What you’ll get as a RiseUP Fellow:
- A complete Digital Marketing immersion, including training and certifications in Digital Strategy, Paid Media, Email, Social Media, and Reporting + Analytics.
- Soft skills development, including client relationship management, project management, presentation building, copywriting, delivering/receiving feedback, and time management.
- Real-life skills application, where you can put your knowledge into practice by working on pro-bono clients, and alongside Media Causes account teams, to support some of the amazing nonprofits they serve.
- Everything you need to move into a full-time, client facing role at the end of the program, whether at your Host agency or another company in the industry
Because it takes time and dedication to build your skills, your confidence, and your resume, RiseUP is structured to be a full-time Fellowship, with an expectation of dedicating 35-40 hours a week to learning, practicing, and doing. All Fellows will receive a stipend of $800/week to cover living expenses, so that you’re able to focus your efforts on developing your skills. And, when you become a RiseUP Fellow, you’ll also receive a laptop, a 27 inch monitor, and up to $500 to improve your home setup (including high speed internet as needed), so that you’ve got everything you need to succeed.
So, now that you know about us, we want to know about you. What makes a great RiseUP candidate?
- NO prior marketing experience is required
- All educational backgrounds, including no college attended, will be given equal consideration
- Ambitious self-starters with a hunger to learn new skills
- Creative thinkers who don’t settle for the status quo
- Data-driven and analytical; ability to research, test and optimize results
- Well organized; process and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communicators
- Problem solvers with a positive can-do attitude
- Motivated by RiseUP’s mission to expand training and opportunity to all
- Inspired by host agency Media Cause’s mission to help nonprofits make a greater impact
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in applying, here’s what to do next:
- Write a cover letter to introduce yourself, and share why you feel like you’re a good fit for the criteria listed above (in under 800 words).
- Attach a resume, so we can gain a little more understanding of where you’ve been, and where you want to head next.
- Submit your application, and both of the above, by November 21st—all applications will be reviewed on the 22nd and we will reach out with next steps after that date.