Position Title: Marketing Manager
Length of Position: 12 months per year
Starting Pay Range: $56,231 - $60,000 plus exceptional benefit package
Hours per Week: 40 hr/wk
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the ongoing planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategic marketing and promotions for COCC’s non-credit personal enrichment offerings as well as for the College’s credit and non-credit workforce development initiatives.
Additional Employee Benefits:
• Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance plans·
• Tuition Waiver for degree-related and personal enrichment/development courses for Employees, Spouses, Domestic Partners, and children up to 25 years of age
• Generous monthly vacation and sick leave accruals
• 10 paid holidays a year, plus a paid full week off during Winter Break.
• Use of all College recreation facilities in Mazama Gym at no cost
• A staff wellness program that offers a variety of activities and health resources
• PERS (Public Employee Retirement System) eligibility
• 20% Discount at COCC Bookstore
• Engaging workplace culture with a mission to serve students and our community
Marketing and Social Media
1. Collaborate with Continuing Education, Instruction, SBDC, and MPR department supervisors and staff to strategize and evaluate marketing plans and initiatives.
2. Manage and execute marketing campaigns for personal enrichment, Youth Programs, and workforce development at COCC; guide campaigns from ideation to implementation, analysis, and evaluation to ensure efforts are effective, valuable, relevant, and innovative.
3. Identify ideal and dynamic audiences, market segments, and distribution channels to optimize campaigns; maintain, analyze, and make strategic recommendations regarding customer data (demographics, web analytics, purchase history, etc).
4. Support and create original content for the College’s social media platforms and email newsletter communications and strategies, in close collaboration with other members of the Marketing and Public Relations team.
5. Curate, produce, and optimize the College’s monthly credit student-facing email newsletter, “Bobcat Newsflash” as well as regular email newsletters for COCC’s SBDC, Continuing Education, Youth Programs, industry partners, COCC retirees, and other initiatives.
6. Oversee development and management of in-house print and digital mailing lists; procure and monitor effectiveness of outside mailing lists.
Publications and Web
1. Assemble, produce, and mail the quarterly Continuing Education course schedule and numerous weekly, monthly, and quarterly email newsletters.
2. Develop, produce (overseeing freelance designer), and deploy promotional materials (digital and print), including quarterly printed course schedules and all collateral materials.
3. Search Engine-optimize and proofread course descriptions and other copy for Continuing Education prior to the content going live on the website/ecommerce platform.
4. Provide backup web editing support to Continuing Education and the SBDC as necessary.
5. Copy edit and proofread a wide variety of COCC’s print and digital marketing materials, in collaboration with other members of the Marketing and Public Relations department.
1. Coordinate marketing and program-specific budgets for personal enrichment, Youth Programs, and workforce development, in close collaboration with program managers and relevant department director; ensure budgets are managed and adhered to.
2. Provide occasional social media monitoring during COCC Board of Directors’ meetings and other livestreamed events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the duties and responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. The individual is expected to follow College work rules and policies.
1. Ability to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in copywriting, copy editing, and proofreading for print and digital materials for a variety of narratives, audiences, and call-to-action.
2. Knowledge, skills, and abilities in marketing best practices and strategies.
3. Ability to maintain an in-depth familiarity with the College’s personal enrichment, workforce development, and youth program offerings, as well as with equivalent/competitive offerings in COCC’s district and beyond.
4. Proficiency in basic web editing.
5. Skills and abilities in a variety of software, media, and creative applications, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, HootSuite, and Canva, or equivalent; video conferencing experience (Zoom, Teams, or equivalent), Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
6. Consideration of all four of the College’s campuses equally (their needs, opportunities, challenges, and student demographics, etc.) when creating/executing campaigns.
7. Ability to maintain the College’s voice and style in all communications.
8. Curiosity and willingness to learn and experiment with emerging trends and best practices in marketing and communications.
9. Ability to collaborate effectively with College employees, students, and community members.
10. Ability to use PC and/or Apple computers, VOIP telephone system, printers, copiers, and fax.
11. Ability to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of database software (such as Filemaker, Access, etc.), and/or other enterprise database systems.
12. Ability to work independently and set/adhere to priorities and deadlines. Anticipates the workload effectively.
13. Skills and abilities in organization, strategic planning, and flexibility to change.
14. Commitment to upholding and modeling all of COCC’s Principles of Community (https://www.cocc.edu/departments/multicultural/creating-community.aspx).
1. Associate degree in Business, Marketing, Strategic Communications, or related field.
2. Two years of marketing experience, including demonstrated proficiencies in paid and organic social media strategy, digital content creation, email marketing, keyword and SEO optimization, basic web editing, and web analytics.
3. Two years of copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading experience, including AP style familiarity.
4. One-year experience managing and/or producing major print promotional materials (catalogs, course schedules, brochures, etc).
The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process.
All employees are required to successfully complete and pass a background screen, which includes a criminal history check.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Strategic Communications, or related field.
2. Experience with paid and organic strategies/content specifically for LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and/or YouTube.
3. Experience with storyboarding and video editing.
Open Until Filled Yes
Quick Link https://apptrkr.com/2601275