We are Archetype
Setting the standard for the next generation of global agencies, Archetype partners with category creators and industry leaders to build the world’s most magnetic brands. We are 600 curious and creative individuals in 20 offices around the world that work together knowing that our clients’ success is our success.
Archetype is nothing without the people who drive us forward, so we’re always on the hunt for new creative thinkers, expert problem solvers, passionate storytellers, and all-round good eggs. Together, we’re an agency that values collaborative working alongside autonomy, where flexibility is as important as reliability.
While our presence is global, our local market knowledge drives how we think, operate and deliver in-market, because our clients sit at the heart of everything we do. We celebrate ambition. Curiosity is encouraged. And we value kindness above all else.
We are looking for a strategic, creative and dynamic consultant to join our US team as an Account Director (AD), leading PR and integrated accounts in our growing roster of magnetic brands. The Account Director is seasoned and established marketing communications leader that has achieved the confidence of senior leaders and stakeholders by delivering outstanding work and strategic counseling.
In partnership with AMs, the AD is responsible for ensuring teams and client programs are running effectively and delivering results. As a trusted leader, the AD actively contributes to agency-wide efforts (new business, training & development, and operations) and assumes a growing role in regional agency-wide management. Leading by example, the AD reinforces Archetype’s values of ambition, curiosity, and kindness. Every day.
- Provide client consultancy and account leadership
- Support and direct account teams in the development, coordination, implementation and administration of integrated communications campaigns using both traditional and social/digital tools
- Set objectives for the PR team and monitor team members’ performance
- Manage and develop junior team members
- Cultivate and maintain new and existing relationships with clients, media and influencers
- Arrange interviews and manage content (ex: blogs, bylines, press releases)
- Ensure brand consistency in all marketing efforts
- Drive and support new business efforts
- Track and report on PR campaigns’ results
- 8-10 years of progressive experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Proven work experience as a Public Relations (PR) Director, PR Manager/Senior Manager or similar role managing, overseeing and coordinating successful PR campaigns
- Prior experience within the technology industry (consumer, enterprise, security, etc) strongly preferred
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- People and client management skills
- Ability to foster long-term relationships and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, hybrid working environment
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
Archetype is committed to setting a standard for other agencies by fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. This starts with our employees and carries into our culture and our work. We know that different ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives mean we do the best work and in turn inclusion helps our employees go out in the world to make a difference.