Are you passionate about healthcare innovation and working with companies who are transforming the landscape with breakthrough products and solutions? Does the future of health inspire you? Do you like translating complicated stories about science, disease, data, and technology to educate wider audiences? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our thriving healthcare practice and help our clients tell their stories in bold, unconventional ways.
Our team sits at the forefront of profound change in healthcare. Big data, personalized care, digital medicine—it’s all a tidal wave of implications and opportunity. Even better, the new world of healthcare puts patients at the center of it all. We are skillful guides for these innovation rides because we are equally adept at translating what’s coming out of the lab as we are at navigating regulatory and economic hurdles. And we never lose sight of the human side of the story. Meaning, we make clients’ stories live and breathe. We give them a beating heart.
Come join us at a different kind healthcare practice. WE’s Health Sector was formed by leaders in the industry who got tired of the old way. This is how we are different:
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, supported by deep “big agency” resources;
- We are taking brand new, progressive communications approaches in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, to attract the kind of clients who are innovators and want to be disruptors in the industry
- The leadership team is extremely hands-on and members at every level will “roll up their sleeves” and help each other out. There are no formalities – everyone can be themselves.
- No bureaucratic processes, politics or “swim lanes” hold staff back from opportunities; if you want to do it, we will give you the chance to prove you can
The Senior Account Executive position is based ideally out of WE Communication’s NY or Boston office, and will work remotely until our physical offices reopen. However, we are open to considering candidates from other locations to work remotely if they are the right fit.
What you'll be doing
WE provides a breadth of health communications services to clients across pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals, consumer health and wellness, health IT, medical devices, digital health, health systems and life sciences. We develop innovative programs that reach and influence the biotech industry, investors, physicians, advocates, patients, regulators, policy makers, payers and consumers. You will support our work by:
- Working closely with our Senior Vice President, Global Media Strategy and Vice President, Health Media and Content to provide media relations counsel to health clients.
- Providing strategic input on development of integrated communications plans, ensuring strong media strategy and angles aimed at achieving client business goals.
- Identifying, creating, and growing relationships with target media/influencers to appropriately engage, pitch, and secure coverage.
- Executing all media outreach program elements, including pitching, contributing content, and other hands-on media activities.
- Demonstrating strong writing/editing skills and experience developing client content including press releases, backgrounders, FAQs, and other media materials; Experience working with creative teams to develop multimedia materials a plus.
- Establishing strong collaboration and communication with core account teams and other client teams; Partnering with existing media relations experts to support media campaigns.
- Deploying excellent project management skills – keeping all trains moving on time, anticipating client needs, managing expectations and satisfaction, and measuring and reporting media results.
What you've been able to accomplish
- Achieved a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field is preferred. Or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- In a three-year span, have developed meaningful PR and media relations experiences, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry.
- Experience working on pharma, health tech, provider, hospital, or other healthcare accounts; Understanding of the healthcare landscape and trending media stories that affect our clients.
- Experience with high science or data announcements, or ability to navigate complex regulatory environments and distill complex healthcare topics and subject matter into digestible content for media and consumers.
- Solid project management skills –timeline development/management, meeting deadlines, anticipating what’s to come.
- Strong writing/editing skills. Ability to develop client-ready documents such as press releases, backgrounders, Q&As, etc.
- Significant media relations experience and demonstrated success in executing media campaigns.
- Through daily use, developed high proficiencies with the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Teams, Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel).
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Divesity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.