Position Title: Email and Text Community Manager
Position Location: Brooklyn, NY, Washington, DC, or remote within the United States. East coast hours preferred.
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking an Email and Text Community Manager.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
The Communications Department at CPD/A is an integral part of our vision to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color. With your help, the department will ignite our base into action, strengthen our collective capacity for social change, and tell the story of our work, our affiliates, and our vision for the world as it could be.
The Email and Text Community Manager will play a significant role in supporting and growing our email community for CPD/A. This position will support our effort to grow our online membership to support our national CPD/A campaigns, local affiliates, and fundraising efforts. The Email & Text Community Manager will help set the tone for how we respect and empower members at every level while driving digital campaigns, petitions, event turnout, and fundraising efforts.
We estimate that people serving in this role will come to CPD/A with about 6 years of relevant experience, but our review of candidates for this role will focus on whether they can fill the needs of the position, not just years of experience.
The Email and Text Community Manager will report to the Digital Director.
Applications preferred by November 29. Applicants can expect to participate in 2 rounds of interviews and complete an exercise. Please submit materials through this link.
The Email & Text Community Manager will:
- Design and execute email and text communication campaigns and strategies to engage and mobilize followers, grow CPD/A’s lists, and drive people to join and support CPD/A and our affiliates.
- Draft and edit high-impact email and text content with compelling calls-to-action that support organizing, advocacy, fundraising, and communication goals in keeping with organizational voice, perspective, and identity.
- Create actions, segment lists, and send emails in Every Action platform.
- Oversee an editorial calendar for email and text and manage the review and approval process.
- Analyze and report on key metrics on email, share learnings with others, and adjust tactics as needed.
- Oversee A/B testing of all email content, such as experimenting with subject lines and layout, to maximize member engagement.
- Support CPD/A campaigns, colleagues, and affiliates to increase their impact on email.
- Manage training for CPD/A campaigns, colleagues, and affiliates on core email proficiencies.
- Help build and maintain a culture of radical empathy, collaboration, and learning in our growing communications team.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience managing and growing email communities of 200,000+ engaged members.
- 1 or more years of experience in analytics for email, from A/B testing content to utilizing data to increase engagement.
- Advanced written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely over email and text.
- Excellent narrative and storytelling skills to move people to action.
- Experience with successful text programs -- either through vendor management or direct management.
- Experience with action-related tools such as EveryAction, Mobilize, Action Network, New/Mode.
- An understanding of how corporate changes to email inboxes impacts organizing, campaigns, social justice movements, and fundraising.
- An interest in learning and exploring the potential of email.
- Paid digital ad program management experience.
- Social justice movement experience in either an organizing or email support capacity.
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities.
We’d like it if you also have 2-3 of the following:
- Ability to write and create email copy in Spanish.
- Experience with website management and updates.
- Experience managing paid ad campaigns to grow email lists.
- Social media program management experience.
- Small donor program management experience with email.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a union position. Salary will be determined according to a salary scale which takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $65,000-$75,000 and category 2. The Collective Bargaining Agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.
Application link here.