Businesses are on the cusp of a new era and way of working—hybrid—after a year when much of the global workforce turned their couches and kitchen tables into offices in a massive shift to a remote-work reality. With people craving greater flexibility in their work lives, business leaders are faced with new challenges of how to shift their organization’s culture, policies and technology. This is a new, global challenge, and many are looking to technology companies to help chart the path forward.
We are hiring a passionate, creative, driven Senior Account Executive to join our Modern Work team. In this role, you will work with a Fortune 100 company to help tell the story of how the next phase of work will unfold for people around the world, and what technology solutions will help companies be successful with more geographically diverse workforces than ever before. You will help execute 360-degree communications plans and creative, fresh stories that will help set the course for the next phase of work. You will work closely with media to unearth new opportunities and stay ahead of current trends.
The ideal candidate is someone who is a master multi-tasker with a passion for storytelling, excellent attention to detail and project management skills. Who is a strong writer, able to lead small- to medium-sized projects and calm under pressure. Who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and excels on a team and with leadership who value curiosity, creativity, proactive energy and accountability above always having the right answer. Someone who loves technology and working with journalists, who has a passion for client service and who sees a challenge for the opportunity it presents.
WE Communications is one of the largest independent communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world, with 24 offices and more than 1300 employees worldwide. What connects us is our love of storytelling, solving complicated and strategic challenges, working hand-in-hand with our teams and clients to bring stories to life.
Our team mantra is #bettertogether. We are hard-working, flexible, feel like a big family and love to laugh. While this past year gave us a greater glimpse into one another’s homes, we have always shared pets, hobbies and our favorite books/movies/tv shows. We work hard to balance peoples’ personal time and needs with those of the business and are looking for new ways to embrace and live the hybrid work model ourselves. We have teammates in Seattle, Portland OR, San Francisco, Austin and New York—we value our teammates’ diverse life perspectives and experiences and work hard to ensure every voice is heard. We care deeply about what brings you joy and what you want from your career—and how you can grow it at WE.
The position can be based out of any of WE Communication’s offices and will work remotely until our physical offices reopen.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and lead brainstorming and execution of integrated communications plans aimed at changing perceptions and achieving specific business goals.
- Maintain and grow client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
- Serve as day-to-day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders, managing high-profile campaigns across diverse teams, providing key and tactical recommendations and anticipating needs.
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction.
- Identify, create, and grow relationships with target media/influencers to appropriately engage, pitch, and build news stories.
- Manage significant cycles of media inquiries as well as proactive relationships with key national media/influencers.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you've been able to accomplish
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- In a 3-year span, have developed your integrated communications/PR experience, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry.
- Established an exceptional media relations background with a demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development.
- Through daily use, developed high proficiencies with the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Increased level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge.
- High level of initiative; takes accountability for role on projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships.
- Established media relationships and have proactively placed stories.
- Client and business environment: customer service orientation is a must; job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks.
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.).
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English.
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.