It's no surprise that the world of cybersecurity is changing by the minute and global tech companies have taken the lead in fighting attackers and protecting people around the globe. We are looking for an Account Executive who has experience in consumer tech and/or cybersecurity to join a team of passionate people dedicated to helping consumers and the general population understand how our clients are building technology to protect the planet. This Account Executive will be responsible for creating, managing and executing PR campaigns and news cycles involving business and consumer press, as well as other influencers on behalf of our agency clients.
This position can be based out of any of WE Communication’s offices and will work remotely until our physical offices reopen.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of relationships with key, senior level influencers in both consumer, technology and social media
- Identify communication trends and educate/inform clients and agency colleagues and partners on changes and trends.
- Monitor, report and provide insight on competitor and issue-specific social media activities, unique and creative uses of social campaigns or emerging culture themes
- Leverage clients extensive data to conceive and drive stories apart from traditional news milestones
- Model agency values, mentor and coach colleagues and junior staff on agency “best practices” and successful engagement with your influencers.
- Oversee and reinforce consistent adherence to media management processes: media lists, coverage monitoring and industry coverage trends.
- Maintain and grow client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
- Identify opportunities to grow and diversify current accounts and new business efforts to include sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data.
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction; Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
What you've been able to accomplish
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 2-3 years of experience in PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within the high tech industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong analytical writing skills
- Experience with written and developed materials, including integrated communication plans, press releases, pitches, and social media content highly desirable.
- Comfortable with integrated communication principles
- Understand the role of the media
- Interest in developing integrated communications skills incorporating digital and social media
- High level of initiative
- Desire to be an engaged, accessible member of a dynamic office and broader global agency community
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.