WE, one of the world’s largest independent communications and integrated marketing agencies, is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join a team driving the agency’s cloud communications support for Microsoft. The agency’s Cloud Communications team represents not only Microsoft’s cloud products (like Azure), but also its solutions for industries, and work with customers and partners around the globe.
The Senior Account Executive will contribute to a tight-knit group within the larger team that works on partner, government and space-related topics and news.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will play a major role in execution across all PR activities and have direct responsibility for specific projects with clients. At a time when the cloud has never been more important, we are looking forward to having you join this dynamic and highly valued area of the Microsoft business.
What you'll be doing
- Managing significant cycles of media inquiries as well as proactive relationships with key national media/influencers
- Identifying, creating, and growing relationships with target media/influencers to appropriately engage, pitch, and build news stories
- Serving as day to day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders, managing high-profile campaigns across diverse teams, providing key and tactical recommendations and anticipating needs
- Developing and leading brainstorming and execution of integrated communications plans aimed at changing perceptions and achieving specific business goals
- Contributing to the development and execution of integrated digital/social/broadcast campaigns
- Negotiating and managing client expectations and satisfaction; Assuring internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Maintaining and growing client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
What you've been able to accomplish
- Achieved a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field is preferred. Or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- In a 3 year span, have developed your integrated communications/PR experience, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry.
- Established an exceptional media relations background with a demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development.
- Through daily use, developed high proficiencies with the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel).
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.