Do you want to work with the brightest minds in PR Communications shaping stories with innovative companies that are impacting society and culture at large? WE Communications is looking for a media-savvy Account Manager to join our growing Broadcast team. Our book of brands includes Microsoft, Volvo Cars of North America, McDonald’s, St. Michelle Wine Estates and more. We are looking for someone who is fascinated by the intersection of people and brands, and knows how to tell visual stories across multiple platforms. Our team works in a high-energy, fast-paced environment requiring thoughtful and close collaboration across multiple teams and geographies. The ideal candidate is the consummate team player, media savvy, smart and social, a proactive self-starter, can work independently while multi-tasking various projects, and most of all brings enthusiasm and confidence to all they do.
As an Account Manager on the Broadcast team, you will help craft strategy, build campaigns and land coverage that changes the way audiences think about our clients through broadcast mediums (TV, radio, digital video, podcasts.) This position will help strategize and run major events for clients while managing fast-moving news cycles to drive clients’ desired outcomes.
The Account Manager position is based out of WE Communication’s Bellevue, WA office, and will work remotely until our physical offices reopen.
What you'll be doing
- Manage significant cycles of media inquiries as well as proactive relationships with key national and local media/influencers
- Identify, create, and grow relationships with target media/influencers to appropriately engage, pitch, and build news stories
- Serve as day to day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders, manage high-profile campaigns across diverse teams, providing key and tactical recommendations and anticipating needs
- Develop and lead brainstorming and execution of integrated communications plans aimed at changing perceptions and achieving specific business goals
- Integrate and gather information across teams, clients, and partners as needed for projects, specifically for broadcast media (radio, tv, podcast, digital video, etc.)
- Lead/partner on projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as drive news and launches for events.
- Research and share industry insights, shifts and opportunities in the broadcast landscape
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction; Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Maintain and grow client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
- Identifies, follows, and creates new opportunities to grow and diversify current accounts and drive new business efforts including sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data.
What you've been able to accomplish
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, Broadcast or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
4-5 + years of experience in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 3 + years of management experience required
Minimum of 3 years of experience with strategic communications, production or newsroom experience.
Strong media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
Made presentations to groups of all sizes; pitched new business
Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.