Manager, Internal CommunicationsSTARTING SALARY: $62,000 - $70,000/yr
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for MHCD’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://mhcd.org/workplace-of-choice/.
COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: Under the COVID-19 mandate issued by the Denver Department of Public Health and Environment on August 2, 2021, current MHCD personnel must be fully vaccinated, or be approved for exemption, no later than September 30, 2021. “Fully vaccinated” means two weeks (14 days) after receiving the final dose of vaccine. The “final dose” is the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Mod erna) or the single dose of a one dose vaccine (J&J).
Position Summary: This new position will develop and implement an internal communications strategy and infrastructure for 1,000 employees in a hybrid work environment across 35 locations. The right candidate will have exceptional message development and cross-departmental relationship building skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the expansion and implementation of our internal communications operations, elevating the employee experience with communication strategies based on what staff need to know to: understand, engage and take action.
- Partner with the executive team, directors and managers to drive thought leadership and change management efforts within their teams and the organization.
- Create strong, ongoing relationships with executives and staff as a trusted partner and adviser regarding internal communication initiatives.
- Drive comprehensive communications campaigns differentiated by audience across the organization.
- Write memorable, engaging communications across all channels to support organizational culture, employee engagement, retention and recruitment.
- Facilitate timely execution of ad hoc priority messaging for staff.
- Surface success stories to share across the broader organization that reinforce our mission, culture and overall inspiring vision for the future Mental Health Center of Denver.
- Drive creation of our twice-monthly Engage newsletter in partnership with stakeholders across the organization.
- Ground all communications in diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Manage strategy, content and execution of internal events.
- Gather employee feedback and leverage data to drive continuous improvement of our internal communications efforts.
- Deeply know and understand our organization and its people, acting as an advocate for the employee perspective.
- Maintain a breadth of knowledge regarding industry trends and emerging challenges to inform internal communications and engagement strategies.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of well-being.
- 5+ years’ experience in communications (marketing, journalism, corporate, executive, or internal), including meaningful time in an internal communications and change management role.
- Experience leading internal communications in a large, complex organization preferred.
- Bachelors degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- An experienced strategic thought partner who can work closely with everyone from leaders and executives to front-line staff with ease.
- Forward-thinking writer and storyteller with a creative and solution-oriented mindset, experience using metrics to advise campaign design, and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Experience translating complex ideas into simple, authentic, and compelling communications and fluidly navigating between strategy and execution.
- Growth mindset with excitement for experimentation, iteration and improvement.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work with clinical staff and people from all walks of life.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and practice trauma-informed principles and practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs; comfort and ease in the digital space, especially in building communications in different platforms.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, scanners, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office equipment.
Typical Mental Demands: Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires rare evening, weekend, or on-call hours. Local candidates preferred. The position has the flexibility work either 100% remotely or reside in a group office setting at least three days a week at 4141 E Dickenson Place, Denver.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY