Position Title: Web & CRM Digital Communications Specialist
Position Location: Washington, DC, Brooklyn, NY, or remote within the United States
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking a Web & CRM Digital Communications Specialist.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
The Communications Department at CPD/A is an integral part of our vision to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color. With your help, the department will ignite our base into action, strengthen our collective capacity for social change, and tell the story of our work, our affiliates, and our vision for the world as it could be.
The Web & CRM Digital Communications Specialist will play a key role in the crucial work of building a nimble, responsive digital platform to reflect and build our multiracial base of working people across the US and Puerto Rico. We are looking for a highly collaborative, deeply experienced front end developer who is best in their element when working with multilingual, multi-issue focused teams of creatives and communicators to effectively communicate our organizational programs and priorities with a mind towards data integration & flow through an omnichannel host of digital tools.
The Web & CRM Digital Communications Specialist will support digital communications strategy by managing the website in collaboration with the Digital Director and Creative Director and work in our CRM to produce and integrate digital action forms for online communications. The ideal candidate is able to work collaboratively with colleagues as well as work independently to drive work to completion and has experience in web development and CRM databases.
We estimate that people serving in a role with this level of seniority will come to CPD/A with about 10 years of relevant experience, but our review of candidates for this role will focus on whether they can fill the needs of the position, not just years of experience.
The Web & CRM Digital Communications Specialist will report to the Digital Director.
Applications preferred by November 29. Applicants can expect to participate in 2 rounds of interviews and complete an exercise. Please submit materials through this link.
The Web & CRM Digital Communications Specialist will:
- Oversee web properties, including managing updates, development, maintenance, and performance to ensure sites are helping achieve organization goals.
- Optimize the user web experience for our target external audiences, as well as building and optimizing internal hubs for staff and affiliate organizations in our network, in partnership with the Operations, HR, and Basebuilding teams.
- Coordinate the creation of and help maintain new websites and/or microsites, landing pages or splash pages for specific campaigns and projects, working closely to support overall Communications Department strategies, as well as campaigners, organizers, and other stakeholders.
- Remain current on issues that may impact the security and accessibility of CPD/A websites, take appropriate proactive measures to maintain security and accessibility, and respond appropriately to any security breaches or concerns about accessibility.
- Create online forms and actions using CRM tools (Every Action, ThruTalk, Strive, New/Mode and other tools) for various departments and campaigns, and embed them as needed in web pages.
- Design templates and page wrappers that are consistent with creative direction from Creative Director on brand guidelines and visuals.
- Execute on website designs for special events and programs.
- Build responsive web content that is optimized for mobile-first viewing on all platforms.
- Create tools that improve site interaction regardless of the browser.
- Manage web development workflow.
- Analyze and report on key metrics on web traffic, bounce rate, useability, interactivity and adjust tactics as a result.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Extensive EveryAction experience required, experience in other action-based digital tools such as Mobilize, New/Mode, ActionNetwork preferred.
- Extensive Wordpress and Squarespace custom build experience required, other WYSIWYG web editor experience helpful.
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager experience and ability to pull targeted reports on web performance.
- Deep understanding of website design principles, trends in the field, website accessibility standards and SEO optimization.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative environments and use team input to create dynamic, mobile-friendly and accessible web content.
- Ability to test and debug websites.
- Project management experience and the ability drive forward web projects from start to finish, while providing regular updates to relevant stakeholders in a detailed and organized manner.
- Ability to effectively pitch web development proposals to internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced technical problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities.
We’d like it if you also have at least 2 of the following:
- Ability to write and create web content in Spanish.
- Experience with texting-based action platforms such as Strive, Hustle and other P2P or broadcast solutions.
- Social justice movement experience in either an organizing or digital support capacity.
- App design and/or development experience.
- Graphic design experience in Canva and/or Adobe Suite.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a union position. Salary will be determined according to a salary scale which takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $75,000-$85,000 and category 3. The Collective Bargaining Agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.
Application link here.