We're hiring a Director of Marketing.
Grow is a digital experience agency and a 2020 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year. We make industry-leading digital experiences, platforms, and campaigns for some of the world’s most beloved brands. Our clients know us as a committed partner who delivers every time. Our team knows it’s possible because of the incredible culture we’ve built.
As our Director of Marketing, you’ll build Grow’s reputation for our work and our culture—making our industry presence unmissable and inspiring brands & talent to reach out to us. You’ll be the strategic driver of all of our marketing activity, ensuring that we’re engaging in the right channels with the right messages at the right times. You’ll do this with direct oversight of a small team, who manages day-to-day execution; in partnership with a dedicated brand creative team, who execute with exceptional creativity, consideration and craft; and with engagement from our leadership team, who champion marketing’s essential role in achieving our vision.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic leader with a deep understanding of how to develop an agency brand to drive growth. You have a keen sense for how to connect market demands to the agency’s story and business goals. You can develop tailored marketing strategies and direct compelling executions that deliver on those. You are exceptionally articulate and precise in your communications, and you consistently bring focus and a thoughtful point-of-view to the work.
- Develop yearly marketing plans, set priorities, and define strategies for promoting our agency, work, and culture across channels to deliver on agency goals and growth targets
- Develop targeted approaches for showcasing Grow’s capabilities and expertise to prospective clients
- Lead and manage a small team that executes marketing and lead generation activities, directing both day-to-day activities and long-term professional growth
- Craft key messages that serve as the pillars of all external Grow communications, supporting our positioning and articulating what makes us unique
- Direct the strategy for agency marketing materials (e.g. case studies, credentials, thought leadership, web & social content, awards submissions, etc.), which includes writing the briefs, defining what success looks like, and aligning internal stakeholders
- Manage our external PR firm and work together to identify opportunities for strategic promotion across thought leadership, expert commentary, awards, agency work, etc.
- Oversee Grow’s website and social presence to ensure a regular cadence of high-quality content that drives engagement and conversions
- Direct and manage Grow’s marketing processes and tools to ensure effectiveness, visibility into marketing performance, and full team alignment
As a result of your success in this role, we’ll see a measurable and steady increase in qualified inbound client & talent leads, and a strong voice & consistently visible agency presence in the industry.
Eight to ten years of agency experience in marketing roles preferred. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the digital space, with an eye for what makes innovative and industry-leading work. Candidates must bring a track record of success developing thoughtful marketing strategies, promoting agency work and capabilities, and generating marketing content.
You’ll start with a full month of paid vacation and holiday leave, including two weeks in which the company pauses operations—one in midsummer, and one during the holidays. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more. In addition, we promise you’ll have everything you need to be productive, comfortable and happy in the workplace.
This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Grow is located in downtown Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA – an amazing coastal city that blends the beach lifestyle with a richly evolving culture. As part of a community of like-minded people, we spend our time creating great work and building the culture around us. We regularly put our creative and technology talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.
Yes, you’ll work for amazing clients and projects in an inspiring environment. But best of all, you’ll find yourself among a close-knit group of just over 50 incredibly talented and motivated colleagues who inspire each other every day. Our team of technologists, creatives, strategists, and producers all work together under one roof to help some of the world’s most beloved brands connect with audiences in new and unexpected ways.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our team, and the welfare of our broader community, Grow requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or be approved for accommodation in the case of an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Apply here, https://thisisgrow.com/careers/director-of-marketing