Associate Creative Director
Creative Services Division - (Remote - USA) - Full Time
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director to join the Creative Services department at Tinuiti! Reporting into the Senior Creative Director, the ACD is responsible for creating innovative and compelling content and campaign experiences that drive brands forward. They are champions of exceptional creative inspired by data and they understand what truly activates an audience. They are masters of formats; possessing strong concepting and executional experience in social media, video, programmatic and marketplace mediums. Working alongside Tinuiti internal media teams and the clients, the ACD will ensure we are doing everything that is needed to generate strong client performance with work that compliments and brings to life integrated media plans. If you have a passion to inspire, empower and grow talent, with an ability to supervise and deliver quality work with ease, while creating a fun atmosphere for your peers, you may be the kind of leader that will fit perfectly with our culture!
- Oversee and develop a growing team of in-house creatives to meet the rising content demand tailored for Addressable Audiences (social media, programmatic display and OTT) and Marketplaces (Amazon, Walmart, Instacart, Target and other emerging platforms.)
- Spearhead and drive internal strategic initiatives staying aligned with the GVP of Creative and Senior Creative Director on short & long-term department goals.
- Responsible for the strategic thinking that powers ideation and concepting across a wide portfolio of brands; Champion best-in-class creative content and inspire teams to design creative that solves business problems.
- Partner with cross-division media leaders to ensure creative expertise aligns with the needs of their current and future business growth
- Partner with creative strategy to determine the best ways to activate creative across a single channel or integrated channels
- Own and/or support relationships key clients and decision makers, including C-Level teams; Lead day-to-day correspondence with assigned portfolio of clients
- Present creative to client with clear rationale for creative decisions and ability to push back on client when needed
- Train, mentor and provide ongoing feedback to help guide a multidisciplinary team into concepting high-performing, impactful ideas and executing flawlessly
- Encourage the creative team to come up with innovative performance-driven ideas setting milestones for Tinuiti and the creative department. (AR, VR, Immersive Experiences, etc.)
- Ensure Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters are upholding and elevating the clients’ voice/tone and brand guidelines
- Participate in regularly occurring meetings with platform partners and vendors to develop a deep understanding of the different channels and how to bring ideas to life across new ad products
- Participate in business development and partner with new business team to conceptualize as well as pitch client prospects.
- Partners closely with the VP of Creative and Associate Director of Strategy and Project Management to continuously improve the workflow and output of the Creative department
- Undergo a thorough QA of all outgoing assets to ensure the integrity of the creative, the quality and that there are no mistakes
- Internalize client feedback and guide the creative team to adjust accordingly
- Partner with Creative Operations to monitor scope vs time spent progressively to make certain clients will be flagged of overages or rush fees if need be
- Utilize tools and reports like Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager reports, OTT performance insights, optimization recommendations, Programmatic Impression/Click reports, Marketplace dashboards, from the Display and Analytics Divisions to discover opportunities and strategies. Provide support for reporting needs
- Proactively provide POV to clients on industry trends, and keep a finger on the pulse of what’s new, now, and next
- 6+ years of design/art direction or copywriting experience in a digital agency setting
- Extensive experience in a client facing, creative leadership role
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels within client accounts and internal setting
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies for the digital channel and related media.
- Experience managing both design and copy throughout the creative process
- Preferred Skills:
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Sketch and Invision
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Premier, After Effects, XD
- Preferred Experience:
- Brand store design and execution
- A+ content design and execution
- Experience developing personalized content for data-driven, measurable campaigns informed by customer insights and performance data
- Fluent in best practices and technical specs for but not limited to Programmatic and Display Ads (including DCO), Paid/Organic Social, OTT & Connected TV, Amazon A+, Walmart Seller Center, Instacart and other CMS platforms
- Experience with video and photography productions and guiding internal teams and vendors through concepting, production and execution.
- Go-Getter - Drives innovations and embraces challenges as an opening for opportunities
- Efficient Time Manager- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values times; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- Excellent Communicator - Provides structure and clarity to clients and internal teams via concise and effective comms
- Inspiring Leader - Exemplifies strong leadership qualities that inspire not only your direct team but your fellow leaders to continue pushing the team forward. Lifelong Learner - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; thinks outside of the box and is open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the sense and the underlying structure of anything
- Strong Presenter - Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings, gains positive attention, changes tactics that aren't working
- Customer Focused - Dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations to customers, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customersProblem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Dealing With Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change, can decide or act without the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
About Tinuiti: Tinuiti is a performance and data-driven digital marketing leader, focused on every aspect of the customer journey across the quadropoly of Google, Facebook/Instagram, Amazon, Apple, and beyond. We believe success requires specialization across all channels, and our offerings cover the full spectrum from paid to earned to owned media. Our goal when we come to work every day is simple - to grow happiness. For our clients, their customers, our people and our partners. Growing happiness guides everything we do and our core values - Unleash Greatness, Never Stop Learning, Ignite Your Passion, Thankful Living, and Inspire Innovation & Change - inspire us to maintain a culture where our people take pride in their work and have fun doing it.
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Tinuiti is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.