The League is a social impact collective with one goal: inspire people to live a civic life. We work to do what politics alone can’t: change hearts and minds by changing culture. Our work is in service to people of color, women, young people, LGBTQ+ communities and more--the diverse coalition that is leading America into the future, both politically and culturally. We work with activists, social justice organizations, celebrities, artists, media and publishers, brands, corporations, film makers, philanthropists and thought leaders to design and execute creative campaigns and strategies that reach our audiences where they are.
We are seeking someone who is creative, strategic, and social media savvy to be our Digital Director. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in digital storytelling; has an in-depth understanding of social media platforms, tools and analytics related to both organic and paid content planning; and knowledge of current and emerging online trends. This person will be highly adept at connecting the dots for audiences between social justice issues, popular culture, and trending media in real-time. In addition to being a strong manager, this person is a creative, self-starter and a data-driven strategic thinker. The Digital Director oversees The League’s growing digital team and reports directly to the Chief Communications Officer.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating a just, equitable America, and who believes that using culture is a powerful way to connect with people and move them to action. We are a growing organization with bold, ambitious goals, and the right fit will be someone who feels at home juggling multiple projects and priorities.
The League is a fully remote-first team. We have always been a remote work team, but with COVID-19, like many others, we are adapting in real-time to the reality of our team’s work/life situations. This requires a whole new level of flexibility and understanding, and we are committed to ensuring our team has the support and grace needed to navigate this unprecedented time we find ourselves in.
- Lead The League’s digital team, which includes managing junior digital team members, as well as external consultants, vendors, and partners who support our digital programs.
- Oversee the development of digital strategies that engage a range of audiences in innovative ways.
- Develop and oversee audience growth and engagement work.
- Provide strategy for and oversee the execution of digital advertising campaigns.
- Oversee community management across social media platforms, which includes managing an editorial calendar, overseeing day-to-day posting on platforms, and tracking engagement/metrics.
- Oversee quality control and message discipline in the organization’s digital materials.
- Create data-driven campaign insights and analytics reports, tracking and monitoring growth, engagement and impact.
- Stay abreast of best practices and emerging strategies to ensure The League’s digital campaigns remain cutting-edge.
- 8+ years combined experience as a digital strategist/social media community manager
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Mindful of distribution-first strategy and content-creation
- Command of various social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and TikTok
- Ability to curate content that appeals to diverse audiences.
- Strong experience/instinct around paid digital strategies across digital platforms
- Familiarity with cultural trends and changes in social media platforms’ policy
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and gender justice issues
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices
- Knowledge of digital advertising beyond social media, including but not limited to gaming-adjacent platforms like Twitch, and audio-driven media (ex. Spotify, audio-driven platforms)
- Experience developing influencer strategies
- Experience with website technologies and digital fundraising
- Familiarity with the social justice, social impact, brand marketing, and/or other adjacent sectors
- Highly creative thinker, who is curious and not afraid to experiment with new tactics and ideas
- Likes to work independently but is an excellent collaborator
- Is able to roll with the punches in an ever-shifting world
- Takes initiative and gets things done
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Has good judgment and is diplomatic
- Has a good sense of humor
- Loves pop culture--whether that’s TV, movies, music, sports, food, literature, or more--and approaches it with an analytical eye
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2022. The salary range for this position is $80,000-$120,000, based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, HSA/FSA accounts, 6% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references here. Only applications submitted via the portal will be considered.
The League is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.