APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
Global Communications Strategist, 3M Health Care Brand & Communications
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start or grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world.” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman, 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Global Communications Strategist for 3M Health Care, you will excel at developing executive, internal and external communications strategies and successfully execute plans. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with a global mindset who initiates robust engagement and drives authentic communications experiences for 3M Health Care employees. We are looking for an innate collaborator and skilled influencer that strives for optimal business results. Seeking a customer-centric mindset combined with contagious enthusiasm, passion and curiosity.
As a Global Communications Strategist, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Managing and implementing authentic, engaging internal, external and executive communications strategies
- Acting as primary communications interface for 3M Health Care leadership, managing executive positioning plan, including priority speaking engagements, media interviews and messaging; and managing Town Halls and other executive-led events
- Proactively identifying and recommending opportunities for executive engagement in alignment with global comms strategy and objectives
- Implementing communication efforts that are data-informed, aligned to business priorities and measured via KPIs
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing Communications (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Eight (8) combined years of experience in communications, public relations and/or public affairs – in a private, public, government or military environment
- Three (3) years of executive communications experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Three (3) years Medical and/or Healthcare industry communications experience
- Master's degree in Communications, Marketing or MBA (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Experience leading and executing a strategic plan into a detailed tactical communications and content plan within a regulated industry in a private, public, government or military environment
- Strong leadership and project management experience working closely and diplomatically with internal and external teams, managing tight timetables and multiple large projects simultaneously
Location: St. Paul, MN or San Antonio, TX; Will also consider other remote-based locations within the continental US.
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic and/or international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-Being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
The targeted compensation range for this position is $146,681 - $179,276. This targeted compensation range is specific to Colorado residents and can vary based on qualifications, business needs, etc. This information is being disclosed in accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.