Campaign Communications Manager
Supervisor: Senior Director, Campaign Communications
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Campaign Communications Manager to join our Communications team. As Campaign Communications Manager, you will promote the mission of EMILY's List and work directly with our pro-choice Democratic women candidates and elected officials throughout the country. The Campaign Communications Manager supports the arm of EMILY's List that works to identify and create opportunities for our endorsed candidates and advise on their communications strategies.
Essential Job Functions
- Draft press materials, including releases and op-eds on behalf of our campaigns and candidates;
- Manage the process by which candidate endorsements are announced;
- Monitor breaking news and help to identify opportunities in which our candidates can stand out and garner press attention;
- Aid the campaign communications team in advising and collaborating with candidates to amplify their messages;
- Assist with booking and pitching for our candidates;
- Draft talking points for EMILY's List staff and candidates;
- Maintain strong relationships with the campaigns and candidates;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience at a press secretary level;
- Experience talking to reporters directly and some on the record experience;
- Experience in a rapid response media environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and write quickly and in a compelling manner;
- Energetic ability to multi-task and manage projects in a fast-paced and changeable environment;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Commitment and passion to electing pro-choice Democratic women;
- Commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff;
- Team-player with a willingness to work hard.
The starting salary range for this position is $62,000 to $70,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization.
To apply, please submit your application via our job portal: EMILY’s List - Campaign Communications Manager. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to
state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for
the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.