Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
If you want to play a key role in the world’s fastest growing cloud business, this is your chance to join the Microsoft Cloud Communications Team . Come leverage your media relations skills and join our dynamic team driving PR for our Microsoft Business Applications/Dynamics 365 services.
Dynamics 365 is a portfolio of intelligent apps that enables modern industry solutions that have data, intelligence and collaboration capabilities threaded through out and are connected by the Power Platform. For customers, the result is a powerful new approach to business that gives them competitive advantage, flexibility and an unlimited platform for growth.
As the Senior Comms Manager for Business Applications, we’re looking for you to bring a passion for technology and cloud services, a belief in our broader company mission, and an ability to positively influence perceptions. You love driving a mix of strategy and tactics, building relationships, collaborating with partners across the company, and working as part of a cohesive team. You are optimistic, willing to try new approaches, have the desire to learn and the resilience to press on. This is a high-visibility individual contributor with the opportunity for growth.
- Drive overall Dynamics 365 PR plan, which includes both strategy and tactics, storytelling, planning and execution
- Drive alignment across the communications team
- Manage customer wins and success story news
- Participate in insights tracking cross team, socialize compete learnings.
- Engage with key stakeholders/executives across marketing, engineering and business
- Think beyond product capability; collaborate across teams and integrate customer success.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Be the subject matter expert for Business Applications, with a particular focus on Dynamics 365. Build on or develop a deep understanding of the market landscape.
- Strategy: Develop, maintain, execute, and measure a communications strategy that aligns with the broader business goals.
- Storytelling: Work with communications, marketing and engineering to source and tell stories that highlight technological breakthroughs and customer adoption.
- Project Management: Utilize your strong organizational skills during complex announcements and events, as well as your ability to prioritize and balance competing projects and priorities.
- Spokesperson Support: Work with others to enhance their storytelling skills and help them to focus on opportunities that yield a strong ROI. In addition, you will be expected to be a spokesperson when necessary.
- 7+ years of business or technical communications, analyst relations, and/or product marketing experience.
- Experience in CRM, ERP, Supply Chain Management beneficial but not required
- Experience in the technology industry.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of cross-group collaboration; the ability to influence executives, corporate and field teams; business maturity, and diplomacy under pressure.
- Excellent communication, writing and project management skills.
- A driven, self-starter—with the ability to work independently and in ambiguous and changing environments. Ability to create and deliver strategic plans, and to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively while driving to measurable results.
- Strong relationship building and influence skills.
- Ability to effectively build partnerships and drive alignment to achieve group-wide goals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across organizational boundaries.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment and can adapt plans accordingly.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple business partners virtual teams, vendors, and agency partners.
- Growth mindset with proven track record for new, innovative approaches and smart risk taking.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.