Named America’s best boutique agency of 2021, Clyde Group is seeking a Senior Vice President to join the healthcare team of our growing public relations and communications agency. Under our vision to be the best agency to work for, we’re a principles driven firm disrupting “business as usual” in communications through creative strategy focused entirely on results-driven client service. Clyde Group team members should have an interest in, and excitement for, the development of a rapidly growing agency. Our team is creative, ambitious, collaborative, and highly rewarded.
We are looking for a Senior Vice President to work closely with our Managing Director to help build out the healthcare practice by leading key accounts and identifying and pursuing new clients. Our SVPs take responsibility for a multi-million dollar portfolio of Clyde Group healthcare clients; shape and execute strategies for a portfolio of clients; elegantly balance client satisfaction with team morale; empower team members to achieve outcomes for clients; advise on the design and implementation of creative strategies for key audiences (from consumers to opinion elites); and lead new and organic business development efforts.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as the chief strategist for a multi-million dollar portfolio of client accounts
- Work with practice MD and agency leadership to identify and adopt tools to improve client experience
- Form personal relationships with clients and coach junior team members on how to develop client relationships
- Identify industry trends, current events that may impact client portfolio and establish strategic direction and response
- Responsible for scope renewals across portfolios, and actively proposing new ideas for client growth
- Serve as a senior leader to other staff, provides counsel, shares best practices, and serves as a mentor for more junior team members.
- Determine hiring needs based on workflow and client needs and help recruit and retain top talent
- Maintain insight into profitability of clients and the utilization of team members across portfolio; work with VPs, AVPs, and directors to keep portfolio profitable
- Collaborate with client delivery to improve offerings across accounts and bring creative activations to clients to help achieve their desired outcomes
- Identify business development opportunities from current events; converts into sales programs or client service upsell activities
- Make recommendations on how to grow Clyde Group beyond client work
- Closely supervise a team of managers and ensures consistent management across direct reports
- Manage one or more direct reports, and advises on the advancement of other team members through educational opportunities and on the job training
- Provide high-level ideas for Clyde visibility efforts specific to client portfolio and growth opportunities.
- Fierce commitment to, and respect for, a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Demonstrate advanced EQ, and inspire, motivate, and lead internal teams and project teams
- Comfortable in communicating with senior leadership and other team members on interpersonal challenges at the agency
- Taps own network to find business development connections
- Identifies and secures new clients
- Demonstrates humility in leadership by promoting success of team, finding opportunities for others to be recognized and advance
- 12+ years of communications experience; 5+ year of management experience; biopharma and agency experience preferred
- Agency experience working with pharmaceutical companies
- Experience leading, or playing a significant role on, large account teams
- Experience with media relations, digital, and creative-forward communication campaigns
- Desire to manage people, mentor junior team members, and lead teams
- Appetite for strategic business development
- Possesses excellent writing and grammar skills, including the ability to write concisely, clearly, and logically
- Comfortable learning and adopting new tech platforms
To apply, please submit a current resume and writing sample: https://app.builtforteams.com/clyde-group/jobs/6d5dc309