NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
As NJI grows, we are expanding our leadership team with tremendous care and consideration. This SVP role will work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer to provide leadership across the full global portfolio covered by the U.S., U.K., and SG offices. The right candidate thrives when pushing creative boundaries, coaches teams to take ambitious risks, and is a vested crusader for company culture and ambition.
The successful candidate for this role will embrace strategic account leadership of NJI’s client portfolio not as a notch in their career ladder, but as a means to invest and grow with NJI over time. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset; substantive and applicable experience managing teams and guiding creative strategy; and a true curiosity for complex ideas and challenging topics.
This role will be responsible for supporting and advancing the agency portfolio by focusing on staff and client relationships. NJI’s biggest asset is our people. They uphold our exceptionally high client service and creative standards. It is our people who dream up big ideas, figure out how to make them happen, and partner with our clients every step of the way. The right person for this role will embrace the independence and freedom we give our people to direct and lead their own work and will know how to serve as a valuable resource, guide, and coach when needed for staff and clients.
Together with the CSO, this position will guide the sustained growth of NJI’s team and client portfolio across three global offices. Central to this role’s success is an understanding of communications and marketing, particularly for policy-oriented audiences, and the role creative agencies play in supporting clients across the private and NGO sectors.
This position will be responsible for day-to-day management of the strategy portfolio, from personnel to process improvement. An understanding of agency fundamentals is essential, including budgets, measurement, account management and growth, client relationships, business development, and industry/market trends.
You must be able to navigate a complex, multinational client organization, bridging multiple geographies and cultures. As a leader and marketplace advisor, the position includes high-level client exposure. The ability to facilitate peer-to-peer collaboration internally across multi disciplined teams is a key asset.As part of managing a large team of account managers, strategists, and digital marketing specialists, the right candidate will be skilled in advancing a learning agenda, surfacing and sharing best practices, assessing gaps, and supporting local market capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Progressive levels of responsibility and business acumen in marketing and communications
- Demonstrated ability to establish high levels of trust and credibility internally and externally and to influence others to action
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills – effectively presents professional POV internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and ability to positively influence across a matrixed organization with an approachable and collaborative team orientation
- Demonstrated critical-thinking skills and strong problem-solving skills – navigates effectively through difficult issues and builds required consensus to drive business needs and results
- High results orientation – able to effectively juggle and prioritize many competing demands from different clients/divisions working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Grow and nurture long-term client relationships with a solutions-oriented approach to business development strategies
- Leverage data and analytics to develop and present well-informed metrics reports for both internal and external purposes
- Develop project budgets, scopes, and timelines in support of business development goals
- Demonstrated passion for design and creative
- A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas, and the occasional dog
Work Hard Where You Are.
Part of our secret sauce is knowing that good talent can live anywhere. We actively encourage individuals to apply from across the country. NJI has U.S. team members located coast to coast as part of our HQ team based in Washington, D.C. From farmers to urban foragers, trapeze artists to Mario Kart fanatics, we have colleagues with diverse interests and addresses. This position is remote-eligible, and NJI maintains a hybrid/remote work policy for all offices. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We think of cover letters more in the old-fashioned pen pal sense. So, keep the job summary and skills list in your resume, and write something that personally expresses who you are and what draws you to NJI and this role.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experience, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace by actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact email@example.com.