The DLCC is the official party committee dedicated to electing Democrats to state legislatures. The DLCC is committed to building new majorities and flipping seats from red to blue across the country – paving the way for progress. State legislatures pass the policies that most affect Americans’ day-to-day lives, and increasing Democratic power in the states has an outsized impact on governing and public policy.
The DLCC recruits, trains, and supports local Democrats running for their state legislatures. We provide our candidates with the resources, field support, strategic planning, and data analysis necessary to run smart, winning campaigns. By gaining a foothold in state legislatures, Democrats can strengthen the path to the presidency by creating a pipeline in statewide and national elections.
We’re powered by more than 200,000 supporters from all 50 states. Over 98% of our contributions come from grassroots donors (giving an average of $29), who fuel thousands of local Democratic candidates across the country.
With right-wing radicals proliferating state legislatures across the country, taking back power and building up Democratic majorities will start at the local level. We’re counting on our supporters to get educated, involved, and take action in their communities.
The DLCC compensates employees competitively and provides a very generous benefits package. Our flexible work arrangements and significant amounts of time off aim to support work-life balance when staff may be asked to work outside of business hours during periods of peak work. We’re dedicated to treating one another with respect in the workplace, and prioritizing racial equity and inclusion (REI) in our work with one another as well as with our stakeholders.
The Digital Ads Manager is a member of our Digital and Multimedia Department. This position supports the day-to-day and long-term success of the DLCC’s online advertising efforts. The Digital Ads Manager works closely with the Director of Online Fundraising to ensure that all outbound content is accurate, effective, and reflects the DLCC's overall communications and political strategies.
The Digital Ads Manager reports to the Director of Online Fundraising. The Digital Ads Manager is eligible to be permanently remote or for flexible work arrangements, splitting their time working at home and the office.
The DLCC continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and has put in place policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff and their families. The DLCC is located in Washington, DC, and our office has taken on a hybrid model for staff effective January 2022.
The Digital Ads Manager is expected to model the values of the DLCC:
- Results Driven
- Draft, edit, and review copy and other creative for the program; oversee the execution and quality assurance of campaigns that are deployed.
- Contribute to creative, strategy, and planning for our ads program across all platforms.
- Help grow the DLCC’s base of supporters by contributing to our strategies around testing, donor retention, supporter cultivation, and more to maximize engagement.
- Work closely with the Email Manager to ensure a seamless, optimized supporter journey through all stages of the engagement funnel.
- Manage our list rental process and develop vendor relationships on behalf of the DLCC.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for any digital advertising consultants, under the direction of the Director of Online Fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned, including some evening and weekend work.
- The Digital Ads Manager is an integral part of the ideation, creation, and execution process for our online advertising efforts.
- Assigned duties are managed and completed in a timely, detail-oriented, and consistent manner.
- The online fundraising team is supported in executing aggressive campaign plans, meeting organizational goals, and allowing DLCC to help take and hold critical legislative chambers across the country.
- At least three years of digital advertising experience on a campaign, committee, firm, or mission-oriented organization.
- Excellent writing skills as well as strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A strong interest in data-driven marketing and communications.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working with CRM technology, such as Action Network, ActionKit, or EveryAction.
- Ability to read, write, and analyze performance and ROI reports.
- Basic HTML/CSS experience.
- Strong attention to consistency and detail.
- The ability to stay calm and act quickly in rapid response situations.
The DLCC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at the DLCC.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DLCC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DLCC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison, John Skic.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in-person with stakeholders; and
- This position has less than 5% travel expectations and is eligible for flexible work hour arrangements.
How to Apply
Salary for the Digital Ads Manager is $72,500-$85,000 on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The DLCC offers a generous benefits package, including:
- More than 25 days of paid time off, including for Federal holidays, time off around Federal holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year, vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for the employee + spouse/partner + dependents.
- Up to 6% retirement employer contribution.
- Monthly use-it-or-lose-it $100 transit benefit for employees located in the DC region.
- Employer contribution of $500 to employee’s Flexible Spending Account, and opportunity to withhold pre-tax income for Dependent Care Account.
- Up to $5,000 employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for IVF-related costs or Adoption Assistance, and up to $2,500 for employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for out-of-pocket dental and orthodontic expenses.
- Monthly $100 student loan payment benefit.
- Monthly $100 mobile phone reimbursement.
- and more.
To apply for this position, please complete an electronic application via www.dlcc.org/careers by February 23, 2022. The DLCC may review applications after this deadline in limited circumstances; however, this is not a guarantee that your application will be considered if it is not submitted by February 23, 2022. Only complete applications through the application portal will be accepted. You must also include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to be considered for this position. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing jobs(at)dlcc.org. No calls please. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.
The DLCC is committed to an inclusive and equitable environment and diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to engaging, retaining, and supporting a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.