We are looking for a client-facing Account Manager. You will lead the daily activities and management of projects for 2-4 accounts, managing client deliverables and account team workflow. You can anticipate having a diverse mix of corporate, federal and non-profit projects and accounts. You will maintain and grow our excellent client relationships. This position will report directly to the SVP, Client Leadership.
- Serving as primary client liaison, maintaining close contact and developing strong relationships with client(s)
- Assessing client needs and business objectives and helping to define priorities for agency work
- Collaborating with teams across the organization to develop client communication strategy
- Ensuring client goals and objectives are defined and communicated to appropriate agency departments via briefs, kickoff meetings, status check-ins, etc.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry, becoming the “subject matter expert,” and leading the agency team in understanding and applying this information to strengthen the client work
- Assisting all teams to meet financial targets and growth objectives
- Helping plan and manage projects strategically from start to finish
- Ensuring the agency team produces measurable results for the client
- Partnering with Project Manager to manage workflow and prioritization, internal communications, client budgets and timely deliverables
- Building strong internal relationships across agency teams to produce outstanding cross-functional cutting-edge work
- Ensuring agency/client relationships are mutually profitable
- Mentoring junior team members
- At least three years’ experience in account management/marketing/ communications within a communications/PR agency
- Extremely detail-oriented with high standards for producing “client ready” work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills with an eye for detail and nuance
- Able to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced, dynamic setting
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, prioritizing and multitasking as needs shift and evolve
- Able to work well with others in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong interest and/or experience in various communications platforms including social media, traditional print, digital and interactive user experience (and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies)
- Flexible to travel, work occasional weekend and evening hours, and attend client promotional and professional functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products including MS Project
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred
To be considered for this full-time position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Margaret Bergin at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job title (Account Manager) in the subject line of the e-mail.