The DLCC is the official party committee dedicated to electing Democrats to the state legislature. The DLCC is committed to building new majorities and flipping seats from red to blue across the country – paving the way for progress. State legislatures pass the policies that most affect Americans’ day-to-day lives, and increasing Democratic power in the states has an outsized impact on governing and public policy.
The DLCC recruits, trains, and supports local Democrats running for their state legislatures. We provide our candidates with the resources, field support, strategic planning, and data analysis necessary to run smart, winning campaigns. By gaining a foothold in state legislatures, Democrats can strengthen the path to the presidency by creating a pipeline in statewide and national elections.
We’re powered by more than 200,000 supporters from all 50 states. Over 98% of our contributions come from grassroots donors (giving an average of $29), who fuel thousands of local Democratic candidates across the country.
With right-wing radicals proliferating state legislatures across the country, taking back power and building up Democratic majorities will start at the local level. We’re counting on our supporters to get educated, involved, and take action in their communities.
The DLCC compensates employees competitively and provides a very generous benefits package. Our flexible work arrangements and significant amounts of time off aim to support work-life balance when staff may be asked to work outside of business hours during periods of peak work. Our hybrid and flexible work arrangements and policies also recognize that staff may have caregiving and other responsibilities, and create a flexible work environment to support these activities. We’re dedicated to treating one another with respect in the workplace, and prioritizing racial equity and inclusion (REI) in our work with one another as well as with our stakeholders.
As a member of the Digital & Multimedia Department, the Digital Campaign Services Manager directly supports the creation of robust digital programs in critical states. As we gear up for the critical 2022 elections, this role is responsible for working within a regional POD managed by a DLCC Regional Political Director (RPD) who will direct strategy. The Digital Director will supervise the Digital Campaign Services Manager in being a resource for our in-state partners about digital strategy, best practices, and to create and execute content.
The Digital Campaign Services Manager coordinates with the Regional Political Director assigned to lead their POD and reports to the Digital Director. Performance in meeting expected outcomes of the role will be assessed by the Digital Director with the contribution of the RPD leading the POD. This is a cycle position through December 31, 2022. The position is eligible to be permanently remote or for flexible work arrangements, splitting their time working at home and the office.
The DLCC is located in Washington, DC, and our office has taken on a hybrid model for staff effective January 2022.
The Digital Campaign Services Manager is expected to model the values of DLCC:
- Results Driven
- Oversee email, social media, and digital advertising campaigns for in-state partners from drafting copy to execution, ensuring quality assurance at every step.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for in-state partners for all questions around digital, in consultation with the digital and political departments as needed.
- Drive fundraising and engagement growth by analyzing and optimizing online campaign strategies, messaging, and tactics – including proposing, implementing, and evaluating A/B tests where applicable.
- Create appropriate benchmarks for in-state digital programs in coordination with Regional Political Directors and Digital Campaign Services Coordinator; regularly evaluate programs against those benchmarks.
- Review, edit, and provide feedback on digital content for in-state partners.
- Pull regular stats and reports on performance across channels to inform strategy and program.
- Other duties as assigned, including some evening and weekend work.
- Improved fundraising and digital engagement for our in-state partners across DLCC-supported digital programs.
- DLCC-supported in-state digital programs reflect the DLCC's evolving knowledge of effective messaging, strategies, and tactics, as well as industry best practices.
- DLCC Political and Digital & Multimedia departments utilize effective, scalable, and cost-efficient tools to support in-state digital programs.
- DLCC Political and Digital & Multimedia departments are fully aligned on in-state digital goals and benchmarks.
- At least three years of digital experience on a campaign, committee, or mission-oriented organization.
- Excellent writing skills as well as strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships, earn trust, and represent the DLCC's best interests.
- Strong knowledge of direct response fundraising best practices.
- Exceptional writing, reviewing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to translate digital expertise and train in-state partners.
- Experience in a highly collaborative environment and ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Experience on either side of a consultant-client relationship is a plus but not a requirement
- Experience working with CRM technology such as EveryAction or ActionNetwork.
- Basic HTML/CSS experience.
- Strong attention to consistency and detail.
- The ability to stay calm and act quickly in rapid response situations.
The DLCC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at the DLCC.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DLCC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DLCC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison, John Skic.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders; and
- Once safe, this position will require periodic travel. This position is eligible for flexible work hour arrangements.
How to Apply
Salary for the Digital Campaign Services Manager is $72,500-$85,000 on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The DLCC offers a generous benefits package, including:
- More than 25 days of paid time off, including for Federal holidays, time off around Federal holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year, vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for the employee + spouse/partner + dependents.
- Up to 6% retirement employer contribution.
- Monthly use-it-or-lose-it $100 transit benefit for employees located in the DC region.
- Employer contribution of $500 to employee’s Flexible Spending Account, and opportunity to withhold pre-tax income for Dependent Care Account.
- Up to $5,000 employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for IVF-related costs or Adoption Assistance, and up to $2,500 for employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for out-of-pocket dental and orthodontic expenses.
- Monthly $100 student loan payment benefit.
- Monthly $100 mobile phone reimbursement.
- and more.
To apply for this position, please complete an electronic application at https://www.dlcc.org/careers by February 25, 2022. Only complete applications through the application portal will be accepted. The DLCC may review applications after this deadline in limited circumstances; however, this is not a guarantee that your application will be considered if it is not submitted by February 25, 2022. You must also include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to be considered for this position. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing jobs(at)dlcc.org. No calls, please. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.
The DLCC is committed to an inclusive and equitable environment and diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.