BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes. We deliver high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors including advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers and progressive political candidates. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosen’s burgeoning technology and innovation practice applies our advocacy-focused, mission-driven approach to some of the biggest new ideas and technologies shaping the way we live, work, and learn. Our clients represent leading companies, nonprofits and organizations defining the future of technology, finance, work, education, media, and urban innovation, including Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, General Assembly, Audible, and Mozilla, to name a few.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals excited by the way technology shapes the way we work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Director to join our rapidly growing Tech PR team, to help lead our corporate impact and thought leadership account work. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience leading integrated strategic communications in fast-paced environments. The Account Director will help develop client strategy, manage staff to drive an overall work plan, play a critical oversight and connective function between teams from different practice areas, lead day-to-day client relations, conceptualize pitches and media placements, understand how to develop and communicate unified corporate stewardship narratives across different earned and owned channels, be a strong editor and be active in talent and business development. Our Account Directors lead project management on multiple accounts and influence client communication strategies that produce major wins.
For this role, the ideal candidate has a strong, creative approach to media relations, with a developed sense of how to create and land stories that emphasize the impact of tech and corporate community engagement. This role will also require a developed sense of organization and the ability to effectively manage complex accounts consisting of multiple, cross-functional internal teams and a range of client leads.
Our clients are leaders in the technology and media spaces, and work at the forefront of national conversations around the shifting nature of corporate responsibility. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate around sensitive social issues.
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.). BerlinRosen staff are currently working from home.
As an Account Director on the Technology team, you will:
- Lead development of large-scale communications and thought leadership strategies along with teammates
- Drive high-touch daily client communications with the same client leads: brainstorming, flagging concerns and problem-solving
- Manage a team of junior staff on each account you lead strategically influencing deliverables’ quality and staff development by delegating, modeling smart practices and providing feedback
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles, speaking events and other media opportunities for clients, such as landing feature stories for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview, award, or conference
- Work closely with management of Tech and Digital teams on capacity planning to ensure teams are being run efficiently
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate demonstrates or possesses the following:
- At least 6 years of experience in communications: in-house for companies or nonprofits, publishing, media or journalism; PR agency experience preferred
- Can conceptualize, develop and produce client plans and client recommendations and present to client, executives, and partners in thoughtful formats given audience
- Effectively collaborate and gather input from peers, clients and internal staff to improve strategies and adjust as needed
- At least 1-2 years of experience managing a client team or equivalent, preference for experience managing teams consisting of members from different practice areas
- Has a strong news savvy and knowledge of the media and events spanning verticals and issue areas
- Strong storytelling through op-eds, pitches, panel and keynote topics and other materials that form strong overall narratives driven by client goals
- Versatile writer and editor with experience creating material for informal, conversational and formal settings as necessary
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement