ADVOC8 is looking for multiple experienced Director/Sr Directors of Client Services to lead some of our largest client relationships, overseeing the existing creative strategy, events, merchandise, and content space, and organically growing the relationship for the future. The Client Services Director is a natural at building strong relationships and solving problems. They are the bridge between business development wins and operational success and can navigate any challenge with a cool head and coordinated response with an eye on the big picture and a focus on the details.
A crucial part of the client engagement team at ADVOC8, the Client Services Director is responsible for overseeing projects as the advocate (no pun intended) for the client – understanding their business objectives and ensuring that the creative and our process works for them. The Client Services Director is the person that understands the client's industry, objectives and nuances, ensuring that team members are set up for success on every project. They have responsibility for growing client partnerships long-term and ensuring profitability and reputational success for ADVOC8 through exceptional service and a strategic, consultative approach that focuses on creating real value for clients.
This role is a great fit for a relentless problem-solver who cultivates client loyalty and growth through an authentic approach that fosters positive outcomes for both the client and agency.
Who We Are:
ADVOC8 is an experiential communications agency. We work with corporate brands, nonprofits and associations to tell their stories by transforming existing mediums into divergent experiences that build lasting connections. We use the power of strategy-based experiential storytelling to partner with brands boldly seeking to change perceptions, actions and beliefs. We prefer to push boundaries with our creative and innovate beyond traditional expectations, while offering a fluid project management process supported by senior-level oversight and collaboration.
We build lasting relationships with our clients and consider ourselves extensions of their team. At ADVOC8, our approach to creativity is collaborative. All ideas are welcome, curiosity is encouraged and growth is a priority.
- Oversee a portfolio of client relationships, managing retention and growth throughout the year while leading, documenting and driving overall client strategy
- Provide thought leadership to the client and the project team, supporting strategy and creative as a subject matter expert and curious collaborator
- Serve as internal expert on client industry, positioning, values, internal dynamics, and workflow
- Lead proposal development for new projects within your client portfolio
- Navigate senior-level conversations between clients and internal teams to create alignment around expectations and needs
- Partner with project teams to ensure deliverables are successfully tailored to client objectives, while staying on budget and on time
- Ensure that ADVOC8 values are being considered in how our projects are scoped and operated
- Pro-actively identify issues before they occur and coordinate with internal teams to provide a seamless client experience
- Support business development and marketing efforts, as time permits
This role is accountable for:
- Retention and growth of overall client portfolio
- Client satisfaction and Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Maintaining positive relationships with team members and clients
- Successful client outcomes that align with their broader business strategy
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience with substantive experience in experiential or brand communications
- Extensive experience in a strategic communications or creative agency environment
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: gaming, consumer tech, major trade associations and/or public affairs/advocacy
- 4+ years of client-facing experience, working with teams and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects over months or years
- Track record of establishing strong relationships with senior-level executives and decision-makers at major brands and associations
- Comfortable providing guidance and mentorship to junior team members, as needed
- Excitement about pro-actively growing a portfolio of work, including revenue accountability and responsibility
- Comfortable traveling 15% or more locally, nationally and internationally, as needed
- Aligned with ADCVOC8’s core values:
- Better Together - Collaborative soul who’s open to new ideas, sharing successes and being part of a team
- Level Up - High standards, never settling for the status quo or what we did last time
- Hustle Smarter - Entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves spirit, tempered by the courage to identify smarter ways of doing things
- Celebrate Differences - Highly empathetic personality who values individual perspectives
- Outcome Over Income - Extensive experience and demonstrated success in client relationship management
- Protect the Respect - Navigates conflict with an emphasis on transparency and diplomacy
- Engineer Exceptional Value - Inspired by outside-the-box thinking that yields outstanding ROI for our clients and projects
- Embrace Change - Recognize situations that require flexibility and craft creative solutions on the fly
- Collaborative and creative work environment
- Competitive base salary, with additional performance based incentives
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance for all employees
- 401k, FSA and reimbursements for mobile phone usage
- Professional development and training reimbursements
- Unlimited vacation and personal time
We have transitioned from a once Washington DC-based agency to being Washington DC born. This position is not location-based, however, candidates must be willing to work on EST. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, at this time we are not able to provide sponsorship.
ADVOC8 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to achieving a diverse workforce and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: ADVOC8 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ADVOC8 are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. ADVOC8 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Application is here: https://apply.workable.com/advoc8/j/5AC1B42A6D/