Visa is looking for a Manager of Global Product and Innovation Communications to help bring Visa’s products and brand to life for external audiences. The ideal candidate will join a team of smart, driven communicators who develop the stories that shape ongoing perception of the iconic Visa brand. We are a group that loves to laugh and support each other, while always challenging and encouraging each other to deliver our best work.
As Manager, you will help the team promote Visa's innovation and technology leadership around the world, spreading the word about our new and existing products, services and partnerships. In your day-to-day, you’ll contribute to a variety of projects that touch on trends like digital equity, e-commerce, internet of things, the future of retail, urban mobility, financial inclusion, small business product development, tokenization, fintech and fraud. As a global team member, you’ll learn to collaborate across regions and functions, while building expertise in global program management and support.
The candidate will:
- Help drive day-to-day communications activities in support of priorities across Product, Innovation and/or Brand Communications. Contribute ideas and help develop, then project manage communications plans, taking ownership of agency relationship, tactical execution, outcomes and reporting.
- Operate with a global mindset and work with Visa’s regional communications teams, collaborating on ongoing plans while leading the charge on toolkits and playbooks that can be deployed regionally.
- Create a variety of written materials, including but not limited to: press releases, blog posts, paid editorial and case studies.
- Have a digital first mindset and collaborate with the digital content team to leverage social media channels for campaign amplification.
- Develop relationships with key media and influencers covering relevant news areas and mine for new opportunities.
- Work with partners to manage third-party initiatives and announcements.
- Serve as day-to-day contact with external agency team, manage workflow and deliverables, monitor for quality, provide direct and timely feedback and evaluate agency deliverables against goals and objectives.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 4 years of work experience related to communications or 2 years of work experience with an advanced degree
- Bachelor’s degree You have 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the field of communications.
- You have strong writing and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Aptitude for understanding complex topics and distilling them down for others.
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, problem solving skills; focused on delivering results – and
- Works well in a fast-paced environment while delivering timely, high quality work.
- Financial technology/payment industry knowledge a plus, experience in communications a must
- Agency experience preferred.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.