Named America’s best boutique agency of 2021, Clyde Group is seeking a Vice President to join the healthcare team of our growing public relations and communications agency. Under our vision to be the best agency to work for, we’re a principles-driven firm disrupting “business as usual” in communications through creative strategy focused entirely on results-driven client service. Clyde Group team members should have an interest in, and excitement for, the development of a rapidly growing agency. Our team is creative, ambitious, collaborative, and highly rewarded.
We are looking for a Vice President to help lead the work for a National Institutes of Health (NIH) campaign focused squarely on increasing diversity in health research. The VP will also help build out the healthcare practice by identifying and pursuing new clients in healthcare advocacy. Our VPs shape and execute strategies for a portfolio of clients; elegantly balance client satisfaction with team morale; empower team members to achieve outcomes for clients; advise on the design and implementation of creative strategies for key audiences (from consumers to opinion elites); and lead new and organic business development efforts.
What you will be doing:
- Help direct the work for 1-2 healthcare advocacy accounts, working with community organizations and healthcare delivery groups to build strategic and engaging communications plans
- Work with practice MD and agency leadership to identify and adopt tools to improve client experience
- Form personal relationships with clients and coach junior team members on how to develop client relationships
- Identify industry trends, current events that may impact client portfolio and establish strategic direction and response
- Be responsible for scope renewals across portfolios, and actively propose new ideas for client growth
- Serve as a senior leader to other staff, provides counsel, shares best practices, and serves as a mentor for more junior team members.
- Maintain insight into profitability of clients and the utilization of team members across client accounts; work with AVPs and directors to keep accounts profitable
- Collaborate with client delivery to improve offerings across accounts and bring creative activations to clients to help achieve their desired outcomes
- Identify business development opportunities from current events; converts into sales programs or client service upsell activities
- Make recommendations on how to grow Clyde Group beyond client work
- Closely supervise a team of managers and ensures consistent management across direct reports
- Manage one or more direct reports, and advises on the advancement of other team members through educational opportunities and on the job training
- Provide high-level ideas for Clyde visibility efforts specific to client portfolio and growth opportunities.
- Fierce commitment to, and respect for, a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Demonstrate advanced EQ, and inspire, motivate, and lead internal teams and project teams
- Comfortable in communicating with senior leadership and other team members on interpersonal challenges at the agency
- Taps own network to find business development connections
- Identifies and secures new clients
- Demonstrates humility in leadership by promoting success of team, finding opportunities for others to be recognized and advance
- 10+ years of communications experience; 5+ year of management experience; agency experience preferred
- Agency experience working with grasstops and healthcare advocacy campaigns
- Experience leading, or playing a significant role on, large account teams
- Experience with media relations, digital, and creative-forward communication campaigns
- Desire to manage people, mentor junior team members, and lead teams
- Appetite for strategic business development
- Possesses excellent writing and grammar skills, including the ability to write concisely, clearly, and logically
- Comfortable learning and adopting new tech platforms
To apply, please submit a current resume and writing sample here.
About Clyde Group
Named America’s best boutique agency in 2021 by PRovoke, Clyde Group is a principles-driven strategic communications agency guided by a vision to be the best agency to work with and the best agency to work for. Based in Washington, DC with a presence in multiple other locations, Clyde Group offers communications and public affairs services to major corporations, nonprofits, advocacy organizations, and trade associations, among others. With a mission to create and connect to move the world forward, Clyde Group is driven by strategy, creativity, and experience, bringing ambitious ideas, creative solutions, and an authentic personality to every task.