New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer facing commercial or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
The Future Talent Program features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Animal Health Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Company's Animal Health Division works to advance the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, pet owners, and animals. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major livestock and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
Our Company's Animal Health Divison in Madison, NJ has an opportunity for a co-op that will work collaboratively in a team environment to assist in activities and deliverables focused on supporting internal and external communications efforts associated with the development, execution, and realization of our comany's Animal Health global communications strategy. Primary activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing support to the communications function by assisting in the creation of a broad array of global communication materials including press release development, fact sheets, website copy across business units.
- Assist in the development and execution of employee communications plan, including drafting internal communications articles, social media posts, executive communications, and other tactics intended to drive employee engagement..
- Maintain our internal communications website and repositories.
- Each week, the co-op will meet with the manager to discuss responsibilities, including deliverables and timeline.
- The co-op and manager will communicate regularly through email weekly video conference calls, and the co-op is encouraged to seek regular feedback from the manager as required throughout the week.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a college degree, in a related field (e.g., Business, English, Marketing/Communications).
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for six months.
- Candidates must have basic computer proficiency with Windows-based applications (Excel, Word, Power Point) SharePoint a plus.
- Candidates must be able to work in the Madison office
Preferred Experience or Skills:
- Candidates should understand the basic principles of corporate communications.
- Prior communications experience.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and collaborative spirit.
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)