As an education technology company with one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses in the market today, Udemy has an incredibly unique story to share. We are helping organizations around the world transform the way in which they uplevel and enable their employees to adapt and succeed in the evolving world of work, as well as changing the lives of global audiences through individual learning opportunities to improve their personal and professional lives. Quite simply, Udemy empowers our customers to transform their businesses and lives through learning.
We're looking for an experienced and creative Senior Manager of Corporate Communications to help build our corporate narrative and elevate Udemy’s external engagement through media relations, executive positioning, and stakeholder relations. This is an incredible opportunity to help plan and execute Udemy’s corporate program at a key growth moment for the company and the larger edtech space.
You have a proven track record of growing a company’s profile, and you’re results-driven with a passion for winning in an increasingly competitive media relations game. You have a strategic mindset but are also hands-on and on top of the details. You understand the modern landscape of earned, owned, and paid media — and you love writing and editing content that motivates and inspires. You enjoy working cross-functionally and with agencies to drive corporate communications programs forward.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop strategic programs in service of Udemy’s business goals and manage day-to-day activities to support our corporate narrative, working in collaboration with your colleagues in Udemy’s communications and marketing teams, our agencies, and Udemy’s senior leadership
- Oversee Udemy’s executive thought leadership program, including bylines and speaking opportunities
- Manage Udemy’s corporate awards program, collaborating with the People team on submissions and cross-functionally on promotional strategies
- Write a wide variety of materials, including press releases, presentations, bylines, and blog posts, and/or oversee freelance writers develop content
- Support investor relations efforts by surfacing key corporate highlights and successes to spotlight in quarterly earnings materials
- Provide rapid response to media requests and opportunities, triaging the day’s demands without losing sight of long-term initiatives
- This role will report to the Director of Global Communications and will have one direct report.
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- 8+ years of professional experience across communications, public relations, media relations or journalism
- A blend of agency and in-house experience
- Outstanding oral and written communications and interpersonal relationship skills
- A strategic mindset coupled with flawless execution and delivery
- Strong project management skills and can manage multiple priorities and deliverables seamlessly
- An ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
- A track record of successful partnership with executives on thought leadership and media relations activities
- Proven success collaborating across internal teams and agencies
- B2B, D2C, or EdTech experience
- Experience managing communications for a public company
The ideal candidate is based in San Francisco, but remote options may be available.
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest-growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world-class employee experience:Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built-In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.